• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SW Site??

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
I have not had any issues or heard of any.

This is not something we see in the cat section. I always brag at how this is the safe haven no whiners in hear.

of course not...it cant by any other way if you are a moderator. if you said anything to the contrary you would get bent over... stay inline that is the only 'safe haven'!:eek::)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The issue over the past 4 days or so is very simple.

Its our FIREWALL.

The Firewall has crashed 4-5 times for no apparent reason.

Yesterday it crashed twice.

Last night the manufacturer re-flashed the firmware and upgraded the box in an attempt to resolve this issue.

So far all has been smooth over the last 20 hours or so.

In another day or two we will know if their update has solved the problem or not.

S

skidontlover

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 3, 2008
So its been right all along that it has been software related and not hardware related?? :D:D:beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This morning I have been running a series of SUBMIT/READ/EDIT tests on the site.

And yes, I AM SEEING some WILDLY fluctuating results that make no sense at all!

On average, Page loads are running around 3.5 seconds.

But I have seen one take a over 50 seconds for what appears to be no reason that we can see.

Now that we have reproduced the error, we will try to chase it down and get it resolved.

This page took 4.2 seconds from Submit to Display

A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
The issue over the past 4 days or so is very simple.

Its our FIREWALL.

The Firewall has crashed 4-5 times for no apparent reason.

Yesterday it crashed twice.

Last night the manufacturer re-flashed the firmware and upgraded the box in an attempt to resolve this issue.

So far all has been smooth over the last 20 hours or so.

In another day or two we will know if their update has solved the problem or not.

Doesn't look like that was the problem, I couldn't get on last night for a long time, finally gave up and went to bed.:( I have also noticed it seems to take a long time to load pages sometime. Any ideas what is going on there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Doesn't look like that was the problem, I couldn't get on last night for a long time, finally gave up and went to bed.:( I have also noticed it seems to take a long time to load pages sometime. Any ideas what is going on there.
Last night around midnight we shut the servers down, removed the firewall and replaced it.

So there was a period where the forums were completely cold while the hardware was being swapped out.

A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
This morning I have been running a series of SUBMIT/READ/EDIT tests on the site.

And yes, I AM SEEING some WILDLY fluctuating results that make no sense at all!

On average, Page loads are running around 3.5 seconds.

But I have seen one take a over 50 seconds for what appears to be no reason that we can see.

Now that we have reproduced the error, we will try to chase it down and get it resolved.

This page took 4.2 seconds from Submit to Display

Hey while I was writing my last post you posted this, what happened to that software that popped and told me there was a post? I wouldn't have asked about how long pages take to load sometimes. I do well enough making myself look like an idiot, don't need any help. :D

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Now how is that a double standard? :confused: Flavor-aid is what Jim Jones used in Guyana......so just stating that Flavor-aid would be BAD! :eek:

Merry Christmas MTm7! :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
5b585d_merry-christmas-blue-style.jpg

This page took 63 seconds from Submit to Display.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
Premium Features