• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

high-speed what?

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Last night we had a serious slow down, no doubt about it.
But..

For the first time is was not on the SnoWest end of things.

Something was going on with our fiber optic connection to the local Internet Service Provider in Idaho Falls.

Harris Publishing is talking with them now trying to figure out what happened and how to prevent it from ever occurring again.

Otherwise, our new hardware is running smoothly with plenty of available overhead for all our users.

incompetence.jpg

Still stick with my original statment, Strong Work !:D

Last edited:

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Holy slow!

Is it just me, or is it always someone elses fault...you must be using dial up, it's the local isp...blah blah blah...

All I know is, once I received the pm the other day about more new features that no one asked for (o, and I have no intentions of buying a web cam or headset), the site reaaaaaaaaallllllly slooooooooooooowed dooooooooooown.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Don't know if anyone cares, but at 7:07pm Dec 13 load times are dramatically slower. For example, this thread is taking 12-15 seconds load.

I'm on dedicated dsl that I just ran a speed test on which is holding at 1.4m upload and just of 5m download.

I checked a few other sites and things are ripping elsewear.

My originating IP is 166.70.59.234

I checked it from 3 other machines here at the house and they are all doggy tonight.

sled_guy

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Don't know if anyone cares, but at 7:07pm Dec 13 load times are dramatically slower. For example, this thread is taking 12-15 seconds load.

I'm on dedicated dsl that I just ran a speed test on which is holding at 1.4m upload and just of 5m download.

I checked a few other sites and things are ripping elsewear.

My originating IP is 166.70.59.234

I checked it from 3 other machines here at the house and they are all doggy tonight.

sled_guy

I belive like most things Christopher has claimed, this is a big smoke screen:mad:

No.....no....really guys we have new servers, that will be $29.99 please !

Yeah......sure what ever you say

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
wow...slow ...and i am capable of fast with my system...something must be wrong with his routing again...but real slow

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
im on a huge college campus connection that is insane fast.. i can download HD stuff faster then i can watch it.. and snowest is still around the same as it was before.. oh well, all the mods to thing thing couldnt possibly be slowing it down...

but indeed.. definately seeing much faster response to posts being deleted, glad you guys got that figured out, it was a hassle to have to wait for at week or so for thigns to get deleted, now all i have to do is hit the submit new thread, and poof, PM, it was deleted cuz your a whiner.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It has gone back & forth a few times for me, one day it's normal, fast, then another day it sits with the banner on top & nothing below for a while, about 10-15 seconds maybe?

It's not consistently slow, but not fast by any stretch either.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Nice...new servers, same old Slowest!!

On comcast so no smart alec reply needed.

Maybe someone should search slowest and see when that word first appeared on this site. Is it just a coincidence?

I would but it would take too long and I already know the answer.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
by my computer/Ip I would say its a little slower then this time last season..every once in a while it feels faster..but more times then not it takes 2-3 seconds to load a page..fast is 1-2 seconds and slow is as long as 12-15 seconds...boy those are some really good servers ....wonder how fast/slow this place is gonna be if we get 3-4000 peeps on here at once? snowest might have to cut that yearly charge in half at these speeds......:eek:

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
I am on satellite (explorer net), 10 times faster than dial up which is our only other option, and I am used to waiting, 10 - 30 seconds (the old snowest as well as any other site, business or other wise) slowest has turned into 60 - 90 seconds just to go from page one to page two on any thread and that is only if I am on my computer before 7 am, after that I do not have a hope. I do not have this problem with any other site, I run my business from my computer so there is obviously an inhouse issue at snowest. I have received e-mails of updates from snowest but they have not improved anything here. I do seriously miss the old snowest, the bantering back and forth from slick, bigtruck, pinnedundersomething and others was great entertainment, oh and the actual fact that I could read it in one sitting, but looks like those days are gone. As far as paying for snowest site? I'm not totally against it but not under these conditions! I keep checking back, hoping for improvements, thank god there other sled sites to go to.

Premium Features