• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

high-speed what?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
But you are a moderator, so a biased opinion.

Doesn't seem any faster here.
The admins and Mods don't get any different treatment on login than anyone else.

I am home, on the slowest possible DSL qwest offers, and the difference for me is huge.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
yep super fast......posts being moderated now with lightening efficiency!

:face-icon-small-coo

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Mr. Christopher: I think you owe us a little explaination on THE WAMBULANCE Super Moderator Account!

I'm willing to pay $10 to hear the straight poop on that one. (or cash in 250 Smurf Points)

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Mr. Christopher: I think you owe us a little explaination on THE WAMBULANCE Super Moderator Account!

I'm willing to pay $10 to hear the straight poop on that one. (or cash in 250 Smurf Points)

Too bad Doo got banned............:rolleyes: Notice you never answered the question ?

As for the speed, didnt seem to change much, still slower the the pre-Christopher era. Seems all the exra "Goodies" may have a toll after all ?

That investment in the future of SnoWest has already hit $30,000 in the first week in just our initial hardware and software alone, and there will still be more to come as 2010 rolls along.

I can see why you need paid memberships

Strong work :D

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Just as slow now than before the new server.

As far as getting a better connection, alot of us SW'ers prefer to live out in the boonies and live like hicks, a faster connection speed is out of the question unless we fork out some more major bucks for satellite. Not gonna happen here. Last year Snowest worked great for me, now it's just a PITA. Please take us back to the way we were before.

R
Apr 13, 2002
Washington
Too bad Doo got banned............:rolleyes: Notice you never answered the question ?

As for the speed, didnt seem to change much, still slower the the pre-Christopher era. Seems all the exra "Goodies" may have a toll after all ?

I can see why you need paid memberships

Strong work :D

This was known as snowest BC. (before chrissy) May it rest in peace.:rose:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Last night we had a serious slow down, no doubt about it.
But..

For the first time is was not on the SnoWest end of things.

Something was going on with our fiber optic connection to the local Internet Service Provider in Idaho Falls.

Harris Publishing is talking with them now trying to figure out what happened and how to prevent it from ever occurring again.

Otherwise, our new hardware is running smoothly with plenty of available overhead for all our users.

Premium Features