• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is upsetting Snowest Users???

What is upsetting snowest users???

• Crippling site speed

Votes: 142 33.2%
  • Over Moderation

Votes: 106 24.8%
  • New look and feel

Votes: 66 15.4%
  • New Admin not listeining to users

Votes: 94 22.0%
  • Having to pay for full access

Votes: 228 53.3%
  • Nothing...I like it just the way it is

Votes: 43 10.0%
  • It's been over 7 months since I've ridden ... I'm bored

Votes: 84 19.6%
  • That nobody realizes how great I am

Votes: 48 11.2%

• Total voters

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
There seems to be alot of confusion as to what is upsetting some of the users here on Snowest. I think the possibility of Snowest going to a pay site is just that last straw on the camels back.

Some of the recent issues..

The implementation of all the new bells and whistles

Introduction of a poorly vetted "Mod Squad" that has run rampant

The crippling site speed

Not listening to the users who have helped make this site what it is

Followed up by the rumor that we may be charged for all of these things

what exactly is bothering YOU about the new Snowest?

Please take a moment to vote (you can vote for more than one) and hopefully someone will take the time to listein.

I purposely put this in the "general" section so that more users would view it...please do not move it....thanks :)

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Go through and read it all. Come back and then make an honest comment.

As it stands right now, I am disappointed with the evening site speeds. The "new" features can be toggled on or off as each individual user wishes. This thread isn't gonna get moved by me and nothing is going to get deleted unless folks get carried away. This isn't a threat or a warning. Just be decent and honest. Admin is trying hard to figure things out so everyone can continue to enjoy the site. New hardware has been ordered but Dell is slower that Snowest.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178596

Last edited:
R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
I haven't had any issues with site speed lately, the pile of new mods all seem okay to me, but what pisses me off worse than anything is the fact that the powers that be want to charge people to use the site. Guaranteed 100% way to lose a lot of the members that have helped make the site what it is.

S
honk_if_you_demand_satisfaction_bumper_sticker-p128228089228435737tmn6_210.jpg

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
another example of someone over stepping their boundaries and changing a users post...last two choices added by ???

Apparently it is all just a big joke to some people

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
another example of someone over stepping their boundaries and changing a users post...last two choices added by ???

Apparently it is all just a big joke to some people

snowest is turning into a clown show.:mad: In a year it will be a full blown circus. (if it last that long) It's sad to watch a once great forum get trampled into the ground.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
snowest is turning into a clown show.:mad: In a year it will be a full blown circus. (if it last that long) It's sad to watch a once great forum get trampled into the ground.

well said, most of us are only online here occasionally-to-rarely.NOW......instead of hourly................if this site requires me to pay for useage.........I'm gone for good..........

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
The fun is going out of the site.
We used to have some great fights.
countersteer.
airplane.
porting.

There is a long list.
Now everyone is whining they don't like this or they think that should be put someplace else.
Or I don't want to have to scroll down to see what I am looking for so make a special section for it so I don't have to have my dainty eye balls get tired.

It's no fun anymore.

Don't care about the new stuff.
I think there are too many sections.
It waters down the content of any single area.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
To answer the question, NO! Wasn't I.:confused::confused:

I know you have no real power ;)

You gotta see the frustration though? To have someone change your post for editorial reasons.....as a joke...or to take a jab at someone is just wrong.

I find it hard to believe you could not understand that.

Whatever...it seems like that will soon become the norm. Sorry you had to get mixed up in it all.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
well said, most of us are only online here occasionally-to-rarely.NOW......instead of hourly................if this site requires me to pay for useage.........I'm gone for good..........

sorry, im not tryin to be an a-hole but...
dude its ten bucks for 3 years, so anyone who cant get over it can leave, i know the die-hards will still be here, and truthfully i couldnt care less about the rest. its a good way to weed out the dip chits. If you can afford to sled you can probably afford 4 cents a day.
As with everything else good in this world, IT AINT FREE FOREVER!:eek:

Have a beer on me...:beer;:beer;;):D

SKI

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
sorry, im not tryin to be an a-hole but...
dude its ten bucks for 3 years, so anyone who cant get over it can leave, i know the die-hards will still be here, and truthfully i couldnt care less about the rest. its a good way to weed out the dip chits. If you can afford to sled you can probably afford 4 cents a day.
As with everything else good in this world, IT AINT FREE FOREVER!:eek:

Have a beer on me...:beer;:beer;;):D

SKI
I got news for ya. alot of the "die hards" are all ready gone. Its not the amount, its the principal.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i will pay the $10 just to see the users go from 36,000 to 360. this a bad business move. just put the fawking forum back the way it was before christopherer showed up. it was just fine

Last edited:
Premium Features