• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 yamaha

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Would the Alpha skid make this handle like the current 2stroke counterpart??????

Alpha ......

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I think Yamaha is foolish to not offer two strokes again. Even if they just bought the motors from Cat.

It cracks me up that Yamaha still offers 2 stroke dirt bikes and not sleds.

Obviously who ever is in charge of the snowmobile division is a dummy.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Oh, I know. I am a four stroke lover. I still have a Viper and an M1100 as side chicks.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
White Flag!!!

Whoa!!! Did I just read that right? If I'm putting 2 and 2 together correctly, it would appear that all M-TX models besides the LE are discontinued for 2019. AND the LE is available as spring check only. So Yamaha basically said "we are done forcing our mountain dealers to buy in-season models. If you want one, buy the primo on a spring check, otherwise, our dealers in the mountains will have empty showrooms with nothing to sell you if you didn't buy it in the spring."

If I'm reading that correctly, I'm sure the dealers are kind of rejoicing that they don't have to buy a bunch just to look for a way to try to give them away later. But they're probably also crying realizing that their brand is just one tiny step away from the complete abandonment of one whole half of the country - their half.

As a guy who once loved Yamaha growing up on SRV, Phazer, and Mtn. Max, it's truly sad to see this complete exit. But life goes on I guess. I'll just be crying in my room tonight knowing my high school sweetheart officially ain't never comin back.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Whoa!!! Did I just read that right? If I'm putting 2 and 2 together correctly, it would appear that all M-TX models besides the LE are discontinued for 2019. AND the LE is available as spring check only. So Yamaha basically said "we are done forcing our mountain dealers to buy in-season models. If you want one, buy the primo on a spring check, otherwise, our dealers in the mountains will have empty showrooms with nothing to sell you if you didn't buy it in the spring."

If I'm reading that correctly, I'm sure the dealers are kind of rejoicing that they don't have to buy a bunch just to look for a way to try to give them away later. But they're probably also crying realizing that their brand is just one tiny step away from the complete abandonment of one whole half of the country - their half.

As a guy who once loved Yamaha growing up on SRV, Phazer, and Mtn. Max, it's truly sad to see this complete exit. But life goes on I guess. I'll just be crying in my room tonight knowing my high school sweetheart officially ain't never comin back.
Not a complete exit at all. Just smart business I would say. Think about how many in season MTXs they actually have been selling. No sense in complicating things when they sell so few units... the Yamaha loyal will continue to buy sleds whether there are 34 models or 12 and whether they are spring order only or on the floor.

Last edited:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
not mutually exclusive

It's fully possible that it can be a white flag AND be "just smart business". Part of smart business is knowing when to hold em and when to fold em. It's clear here that Yamaha, to a great extent, folded em where western riding is concerned. Honestly, it was probably also the right move.

Still love my snoscoot though. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
It's fully possible that it can be a white flag AND be "just smart business". Part of smart business is knowing when to hold em and when to fold em. It's clear here that Yamaha, to a great extent, folded em where western riding is concerned. Honestly, it was probably also the right move.

Still love my snoscoot though. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap
Certainly interesting, thats for sure. Bet their bottom line will look much better. I wonder if they ever would quit with the sleds and just start builing engines for Cat.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
wow, its a sad day. Seems like the beginning of the end for yamaha snowmobiles. it looks like all the japanese built models are gone, so one has to assume they are shutting down the japanese snowmobile factory. Only a few arctic cat built sleds for 2019, a big red flag for the future. I had held out hope yamaha would do what we all know they are capable of and that is to build the most bad a*s sleds on earth, and blow away the competition. i guess that dream is over. Always loved the yamaha build quality. cat cant touch that IMO. What a bummer. wouldn't be surprised to hear an announcement in a year from now that yamaha is out of the snowmobile business altogether.

Premium Features