• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Introducing Panthera Motorsports CR625 100+hp Snowbike Monster !

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So the electric start is 2g... It would come with a much more powerful stator correct...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

R
Apr 18, 2016
They are talking about offering the electric start a couple of ways. I'm guessing the 2g option is fully stuffed but they had said they may offer it raw and we stuff the stator and the starter. My understanding is the stator will be a crf450x piece. I believe we can get rewound versions that put out about 100w. They had said they might offer without the items installed to save us on shipping into and then back out of Canada. They seem like really good guys and they are buddies with Adam at MRE so they have access to one of the best minds in the cr500 game. It looks like the electric start may be offered as a standalone piece for Cr500 stock cases and for the Panthera billet piece as well but it's all speculation at this point. I'm on it either way for my trail bike because with electric start on my Af I have my dream scoot. Their whole setup looks like it won't stick out as far as the eline. For me the electric start is the most exciting thing to hit the cr500 market ever.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
So far I have preferred the cable clutch vs hydraulic as well.

Really ? Why ? When i went to a Magura in my 500 it was the best thing ever ! One finger pull and let you be more aggressive ! I personally thought it was the best money i spent !

Yes Adam Millar is deeply part of this product ! Without his knowledge the 625 probably wouldnt be as seemless/matched as it will be. Adam is the smartest 500 guy in North America !

Last edited:
S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Really ? Why ? When i went to a Magura in my 500 it was the best thing ever ! One finger pull and let you be more aggressive ! I personally thought it was the best money i spent !

Yes Adam Millar is deeply part of this product ! Without his knowledge the 625 probably wouldnt be as seemless/matched as it will be. Adam is the smartest 500 guy in North America !

Didn't like the feel of it. I would probably change my tune with more use on it, or maybe the ones I used weren't set up that well. Like my cable though..

R
Apr 18, 2016
My clutch cable works so good and is so easy to pull I almost cant tell the difference in pull. I'm a nut about everything being set up right (although externally my bike looks like it got drug behind a truck), usually when they have a heavy pull the arm sits at the wrong angle, sometimes the interface between the arm and the pushrod gets galled. I have felt some heavy pull ones and if mine felt like that I could see wanting to change, but mine is buttery smooth.

I like the reliability of the cable, but the biggest thing for me is the feel. I run a lot of singletrack the nastier rocky the better. I feel like I beat on my clutch harder than anyone...i modulate that thing to get half, quarter, and 3/4 gears when needed but my clutches last 5 years plus and then I just change them because I feel guilty and think I should. There are guys on the CR500riders site who feel the hydro clutch is great and the best mod they made. I just can't get used to them. The AF I bought off Bob who used to own the Banned CR site (well built bike) had a hydro on there. I had ridden the bike before and hated the hydro. Tried to get used to it for a few rides once the bike was mine and ended up tearing it off of there and sold the hydro clucth on AP's site.

To each their own but I was really happy it wasn't mandatory with the Panthera cases...looks like with the starter it may not be mandatory to run the panthera cases. Since I set money aside for cases and starter I may be able to do a couple starters, one for stock cases and one for Panthera cases in which case my Billet cases would be Liger build. Then I just need to decide if it's going to live in a snowbike or go on the sand scoot. The AF trail bike is good all stock. I like stock everything for singletracking use motor wise down to the pipe, carb, ignition...everything. I can jett out of the book and ride wherever and it runs predictably well everywhere. I run from sea level to over 10,000ft with the thing yearly and from the 20's to over 100 degrees and she always runs great on book settings. The sand bike is another story as I'm sure the snow bike will be as well. Ported, carbed, ignition, piped and of course jetted spot on.

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lol like you said each to their own but when u get a 100hp engine and some heavy duty springs ur clutch is going to get super hard to pull !

R
Apr 18, 2016
I run the beef master springs in my sand bike. It's not 100 hp but I don't know of any beefier springs currently for sale for a 500 and it still feels about the same pull as that Magura thing but gives me feel. I'm a big guy so a lot of the things I like I realize don't work or are not for everyone. I'd love to have a motor that was so powerful it needed a Chevy clutch and I was forced to run a hydro though!!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I had some heavy springs and my Magura was miles lighter in feel. It was a one finger pull as compared to my Sunline bearinged perch. It was super smooth but nowhere near a one finger pull. I had a 250 clutch setup full Hinson/Barnett basket, inner hub and plate. It was modified to take Adams TWIRP port. This Liger is gonna need some springs !

Yeti has 4 motors being built for themselves and customers. Cant wait to get the motor on Jaimies dyno and see what it puts out with the Yeti and then a quick switch to TS. See what the efficiency difference is !!

That elec start is going to be nice for this Liger and stock 500s alike. I didnt mind kicking my 500 as it was a one kick bike after going to the Pulse setup. Happy button is nice in some situations !!

Panthera and Adam have done a nice job !

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
rhino you need to try a native hydro clutch like one on a ktm 300. big difference. I bang my clutch lever all day riding, hydro is the way to go. I hope to someday have one of these motors.

R
Apr 18, 2016
All my friends ride ktm's and I just don't like the clutch but everyone else loves them so I totally get it. I want the electric start because my buddies all ride ktm's they love to stop on sidehills where I am Kickstarter on the up side and make me kick with my left because I can't lean the other way. They like to mess with me. My bike is one kick as long as the kicker is just past tdc. If I don't set it up when we stop and they see me not do it they will hit the button and go just to get the jump on me. The electric start is the only thing they have on me.

My bike is less maintenance, faster, lighter, and it never (knock on wood) breaks down or leaves me walking. The button would turn it into the ultimate bike for life for me.

Last edited:
S
Feb 15, 2016
Alpine WY
looks like the klim cr500 got a new motor but they said it was a lieger 580 or something. Im guessing that the billet cases for the factory and the lieger motor are different hence the 200 dollar difference. I may have to buy my motor in stages partly because my ported stock bore motor is still running great and those beautiful parts are expensive. Anyone have any more info on these builds?

B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
Facebook CR500 conversions. Lyle Dubois has the first engine out. I know one guy in Edmonton waiting for 2, and it will likely not be this year.

I have shelved plans for a build this season - and have mine in the queue for next year.

Lyle is saying dyno'ed at 100

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Things are looking up. This thing has got to be a beast and IMO far better than building a turbo bike. Throw it is a steel frame and have a blast.. I think I will wait a year and let you guys figure out the bugs :)

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Things are looking up. This thing has got to be a beast and IMO far better than building a turbo bike. Throw it is a steel frame and have a blast.. I think I will wait a year and let you guys figure out the bugs :)

I am interested to see how they do..... at 10,000 feet that is still 70hp.... for you low landers its awesome but Altitude kills us in the mountains ...

D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
Facebook CR500 conversions. Lyle Dubois has the first engine out. I know one guy in Edmonton waiting for 2, and it will likely not be this year.

I have shelved plans for a build this season - and have mine in the queue for next year.

Lyle is saying dyno'ed at 100

That's a steep price to only get to 100.

Premium Features