• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with BCA link radio

P
Apr 19, 2015
I just got a BCA link radio and I'm getting bad interference and squelching when under throttle? I switched with my buddy and had no issue on his sled. As soon as I got back on mine and I hit the throttle I start getting squelching off and on again. Any ideas what's going on, I'm riding a new axys.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
I just got a BCA link radio and I'm getting bad interference and squelching when under throttle? I switched with my buddy and had no issue on his sled. As soon as I got back on mine and I hit the throttle I start getting squelching off and on again. Any ideas what's going on, I'm riding a new axys.

Have you tried to switch radios with one of your buddies and see if the problem follows the radio? I am guessing it will, but worth a shot and once you have an answer then call BCA.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Have u tired a different channel?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

P
Apr 19, 2015
Yes we did try different channels, same problem. I'm still running the stock spark plugs, but i'm not sure what they are.

Like I said, we did swap sleds with my buddy and he never had any issues with his radio while riding my machine. At the same time I never had any issues with my radio when I was riding his? As soon as I hopped back on mine and hit the throttle the squelching started again??

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Yes we did try different channels, same problem. I'm still running the stock spark plugs, but i'm not sure what they are.

Like I said, we did swap sleds with my buddy and he never had any issues with his radio while riding my machine. At the same time I never had any issues with my radio when I was riding his? As soon as I hopped back on mine and hit the throttle the squelching started again??

Sorry I should of read all of your first post and not stop after the first sentence my bad :face-icon-small-dis

But still sounds like you are getting some weird RF interference off your sled.

P
Apr 19, 2015
I'm riding a 2016 axys 163. I contacted BCA and they think it's an issue with the radio or mic so they are sending me a new one.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I'm riding a 2016 axys 163. I contacted BCA and they think it's an issue with the radio or mic so they are sending me a new one.
Gotta love customer service line that. I had a air canister that would lose pressure and they replaced it with no questions. Hard to find service line that these days

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

P
Apr 19, 2015
I agree, I gave them the same explanation of what was happening and that's all they needed. I already have a float bag and would definitely do more business with BCA.

Hopefully it is just the radio and nothing more, should know within a weeks time.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Please post back with the results. I find it hard to believe we'd need to send in a bunch of the brand new radios in our group....

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
Ran into the interference/squelching issue with our new Link radios and Axis sleds. Called BCA, they basically told me to bad, there is nothing they can do (after the purchase of FOUR radios) told me to call Polaris and complain.

I contacted a AV instructor to get his take on the situation, he stated that the Axis is also causing interference with avalanche beacons.

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
Have you tried setting a tone? You will need to set the same tone on all radios in your group.

If you dont know what I'm refering to, google "ctcss". I'm sure the link has that ability.

Premium Features