• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YETI SNOW MX teaser shots

sullcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2009
The Max track 2.5" in my opinion has made a large difference. I did not weigh the challenger 2" or the Max 2.5" but side by side and picking one up then the other it can be easily felt. I commented in another thread about how the new track felt. I can start in second gear much easier without the bike labouring. The flex in the side of the track and the tapered outside lugs made for a much more "dirtbike" feel down the trail. Hardpack icy road with crown in it was very easy to navigate. The Bike with the old track wanted to stay flat to the crown, causing a constant steering correction.
With the quick spool up of this track on my 121TS, I can't wait to feel what it is like to drop 30lbs at the same time.

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
OHHHH BOY............Honey!! How do I forward this link to timbersled? they will be interested to have look at this C3 thingamagig. Pretty sure its an copy infringement in here somewhere. Yeti? Hummm....there is a funky snowboard thingy out there called a yeti as well. That's a double shot. Forwarding......now...and......sending pics of it from bikeshow......... there we go...time to make some popcorn. lol

OK Everybody gets it we know you aren't a fan and quite frankly no one cares so how about you just run along now and fawk off and quit wasting everyones time.

M5

Last edited:

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
$9000 Canadian is $7430US right now with the dollar. Not to bad if you ask me, for the US guys anyway.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
OHHHH BOY............Honey!! How do I forward this link to timbersled? they will be interested to have look at this C3 thingamagig. Pretty sure its an copy infringement in here somewhere. Yeti? Hummm....there is a funky snowboard thingy out there called a yeti as well. That's a double shot. Forwarding......now...and......sending pics of it from bikeshow......... there we go...time to make some popcorn. lol

Wow TS. U are such a douche ! Your prob already know this. Such a piece of chit !

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Timberslug, you sure are popular for only having a few posts. Makes me think you created this name just so you could come on the snow bike forum and be involved without your snowmobile buddies knowing. Obviously you are interested if you're spending your time on the side of the forum.
I encourage you to book a ride either with us or the snow Yeti guys. We can show you such a good time that I guarantee we can make you rethink your hobby. It's okay we will not make fun of you if you want to do it. We were all sliders too.

Back to the snow Yeti discussion. We think competition is good. Keeps us all on our toes. Congratulations to them for developing such a beautiful product. Do not worry about us we have a few tricks up our sleeve's also.

Allen from Timbersled

sask_dragon

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2009
Saskatchewan,Canada
Will the new Yeti and the 2016 Mountain Horse be at the Expo in March? Be awesome to see them both, even better to ride them both while we are there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
Back to the snow Yeti discussion. We think competition is good. Keeps us all on our toes. Congratulations to them for developing such a beautiful product. Do not worry about us we have a few tricks up our sleeve's also.

Allen from Timbersled

Can't wait to hear what the 2016 MH brings. Looks like it's gonna be an exciting spring in the snowbike world!!!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Good job C3. Looks like they are going to work well!
I'm new to Sno bikes. Only got a couple rides on my new to me MH, but they're a blast and yes they are expensive for what you get compared to a sled but it's new technology.
i remember paying $300 for my first snowboard back when $300 was ALOT of $$!
Bought a new board cpl years ago for the same amount and waaaay better than that one from 1990 lol!
Same concept here.....

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
With all the talk about pricing, what's it cost to get a kit across the border? US to canada or visa vera?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Yeah I cant wait for the price to come down on these things. I would love to try one but just cant ever see spending this kind of money on a kit. But no doubt it looks like a beautiful product, and can definitely see their point about it being a huge risk without alot of upside on their part at the smaller quantities.

My question is how many kits would C3 need to build and sell to bring the cost down around 3500 per kit?

Just like when consumer laptops first came out, they were really expensive. As more units were built and sold, the price came down.

You don't have to worry about timberslug anymore.

Oh Scott you unplugged timberslug we are so NOT going to miss him. Allens response was classy. NEWDUCK u be careful or u could become an OLDUCK too. If u think anonymity of the internet gives u the right to be disrespectful, think again, old school always rules. If you would not say the same thing face to face, zip it up.

Last edited:

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
My question is how many kits would C3 need to build and sell to bring the cost down around 3500 per kit?

Just like when consumer laptops first came out, they were really expensive. As more units were built and sold, the price came down.

I don't think it could or would ever happen.

If you figure out the things they don't make;

1. Track probably $700
  2. 2x Fox shocks $1100
  3. Ski $50
  4. Titanium bolts $1500

That's pretty close to $3500. Not counting a CNC'd monolithic autoclaved carbon fibre tunnel, Syncro Drive, CNC'd carbon fibre spindle. Have you seen the price of pre-preg carbon fibre? It's very expensive. Same with a 5 axis CNC machine, they probably don't have one big enough to trim a tunnel though. (I could be wrong, but one big enough would be $150,000+)

That still doesn't include employees salaries, electricity, insurance, profit etc.

If they order enough in bulk they can knock the price down of the first 4 items. But if they are selling out of Yetis at current prices, why lower the price? Timbersled's prices have went up a little, not dropped in the 5 years they have been producing them.

economics5.gif

Computers are a different animal. The market for computers is huge. People in China aren't going to own a snow bike.... so there goes 1/6 of your customers.

Computers also double in performance every 18 months. I can't see snow bikes doubling in performance every 18 months.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Nobody can possible despise the prices more than myself but you guys and gals are missing a very important point , it's the weight , some don't care about the bling but it's a whole different ball game when it comes to the weight .

When the bike kits started making the big push it was all about weight and the answer was a 250 . I'm looking at this and thinking are you guys nutz ? You can't fight your way out of a paper bag let alone get off the trail .

Now that the push is no less than a 450 it's starting to make sense , but it's still not enough , it's getting there and guess what ? Your weight is becoming no different than the sleds and they keep getting lighter .

These guys just upped the anti .

sullcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2009
Yetisnowmx
C3 powersports, there is Info for and track length etc. There is another thread with some info.

Last edited:
Premium Features