• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EXHAUST SPRING PULLER... WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND??

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
so after busting the crap out of my knuckles, I am looking for a good spring puller. What does everyone have?

I used to have a good one made yamaha, but after about 6 seasons it broke

so now I'm on the hunt again

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I use the push / pull tool shown below and mechanics gloves for protection for when you inevitably slip off the spring.

exhaust spring tool.jpg

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
images

i use pliars like this

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
yep, shoe lace does the trick. Another easy one to make is take an old broken/damaged/cheap large straight blade screw driver and put a notch in it with a cut off wheel. Eric

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I used a piece of coat hanger to make one. Small hook on one end, a looped handle on the other and twisted it around. If its a Real pain i stick a screw driver threw the loop and make a t handle.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I've made a boat load out of 1/8" SS or duplex SS tig filler wire and 3/8" SS rod for the "T" handle, but still find my old standby the belt guard clip works fine for me. If you need more reach, add a few springs in series to reach the hard to reach ones.

The belt guard clip was much more convenient when it was always there on the sled. The newer ones not so much.

Premium Features