• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Husaberg FE570 build

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
It has begun: meet; Memphis, a turbo charged Long Track Husaberg 570

Follow on Facebook also:

https://www.facebook.com/timbersledco

picture.php

I picked up a used 2009 Husaberg FE570 this summer with 26hrs. on the ticker to use as a demo bike with a short track. I can not say how in love I am with these obscure 70deg. motors. After a lot of thought, I wanted a turbo bike. My choices were slim because I am not a big Japanese fan. So that left me with KTM, Husaberg's mass produced brother. I then did some talking to manufactures and found out Kelly at KMS Preformance was down for a custom build on a Husaberg!!!! Life could not be better for the 70deg. fan that I am. I get my cake and it is not dressed in orange.

So out we went to put some dirt miles on the new found jewel. The first day was scheduled for some two track hi speed adventure in Snowy Range Wy. This bike was destined to be a snow bike because it's first day out with me at the reigns we rode in 3" of fresh snow.
40 miles of this was enough for the day.
picture.php

picture.php

The next day was a beautiful day flying through the two track and loving the power of the 570. We put down 50mi that day and called it good. The next couple of trips out were on Super Moto tires pounding the pavement.The bike sounds strong and ready to see snow duty.

First on this build are the basics
Fastway / Promoto Billet top mount bark busters, bar risers, and adventure foot pegs.
Husaberg open radiator guards.
Hour meter
AME heated grips
Sent the front forks down to SMS Racing for Baja style AA rider valving and springs for a rider 20lbs heavier than I.
Wired in a quick disconnect to charge or jump the battery
Lithium Ion battery by Earth X

Today I took the bike down to Speedwrench and did the baseline stock Dyno pulls. 49hp Corrected, and a tick over 40 Uncorrected at 5400' of elevation. This is what I expected at the rear wheel at this elevation.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next the bike will be picked up on Thursday and delivered to KMS Preformance to be built and Dyno tuned by one of the best single cylinder turbo builders out there, and yes he will offer a Husaberg 70deg. kit through this dealers like me in the future along with the KTM 500 and 450.
picture.php

Last edited:
C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Notice the elevation

Toby? Something wrong with the engine? Mine dynowed in the low 60's

Notice the elevation at the Dyno Shop, 5400', kinda getting close to riding elevations. 49 HP seems to me to be pretty respectable power for a stock bike, rear wheel at 5400'.

Should be very interesting to see what the KMS Turbo will add!

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Most dynos are corrected to sealevel though.but if not the 3% per 1000 ft elevation woulfd put it in the high 50's almost 60, thats pretty respectable

Last edited:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I think I saw this post elsewhere, 49 was corrected, 40 was uncorrected if its the same one I saw.

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
In my experience 60hp rear wheel hp on a normally aspirated stocker is a challenge. The 570 corrected rear wheel hp seems reasonable.
The number to note on the big 570 is the torque.
For comparison, rear wheel, corrected numbers:
Stock KTM 450 47hp, 30 ftlb
Stock KTM 500 49hp, 34 ftlb
Stock HB 570 49hp, 36 ftlb
Mod CR 625 61hp, 43 ftlb. (Sorry, had to throw in a 2 stroke)

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Thank you for these numbers, I was starting to question wheather there was something wrong with my canadate. It looks like Memphis is right where it should be and ready for its transformation. I just hope it comes back producing something close to that MONSTER 2 stroke!!! WOW!!!!!

In my experience 60hp rear wheel hp on a normally aspirated stocker is a challenge. The 570 corrected rear wheel hp seems reasonable.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
It appears the you have just confirmed that my back side Dyno is calibrated correctly. Last season we set up a 2009 570 HB AND A 2013 500 KTM. both Timbersled Long Tracks. All season long we could tell very little difference in the two bikes. In a drag race they were equal. Climbing they were equal. I had more ski pressure on the HB so it felt harder to maneuver, but it stuck to the snow when you came out of the air and had to maneuver around a tree.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Notice the elevation at the Dyno Shop, 5400', kinda getting close to riding elevations. 49 HP seems to me to be pretty respectable power for a stock bike, rear wheel at 5400'.

Should be very interesting to see what the KMS Turbo will add!

Yep true that! Mine was dynoed at 600ft so essentially sea level! Im predicting 89HP at safe boost from the turbo Im sure Toby will keep us all informed!! lets start a Pool Im in for a 10$ LOL

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
Thank you for these numbers, I was starting to question wheather there was something wrong with my canadate. It looks like Memphis is right where it should be and ready for its transformation. I just hope it comes back producing something close to that MONSTER 2 stroke!!! WOW!!!!!

Your KMS turbo HB 570 will make the monster 2 stroke look like Bambi!
Kawgrn's numbers are spot on.
I'm in the $10 pool at 90 Hp and 55 ftlb torque.
That thing is gonna pull like a freight train.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Alright Im keeping track of the Money!!!! LOL!!!

10$ minimum

KAWGRN 10$
CR500afx 10$

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'd like to hear comments about the differences between the KMS and the Boondockers, TSS setups. I have heard from 2 different turbo guys that having the turbo up front may not be the greatest as far as bike handling ? Makes the bike feel heavy. Any comments ?

Also what are realistic Tq numbers with 100+ horsepower turbo setups ?

Also the CR625 BB, whos kit is that ?

There is always someone with more power !

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
I'd like to hear comments about the differences between the KMS and the Boondockers, TSS setups. I have heard from 2 different turbo guys that having the turbo up front may not be the greatest as far as bike handling ? Makes the bike feel heavy. Any comments ?

Also what are realistic Tq numbers with 100+ horsepower turbo setups ?

Also the CR625 BB, whos kit is that ?

There is always someone with more power !

I've rode both KMS and BD. Both run well. BD turbo lag.
Weight wise, KMS bike was LT, gas can, gear, etc..and BD was ST and Ti.
So BD bike felt lighter, but would like to compare similar set ups.
The KMS turbo 100hp bikes are making low 50 ftlbs Tq. on dyno.
CR625 is Kit from RPM Manufacturing. Nice if you have a leg of steel.
CR625 performance is no match for the even mild turbo bikes at elevation.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
isnt snowests 450 yammy pushing 100+? cool project cant wait to see how it turns out

Thats a loaded question? Now we have to qualify how many pounds of boost? Pump gas ? Race gas? Intercooler? If you guys remember the kawasaki GPZ turbo and the yamaha 650 turbos both bikes ran the turbo right out of the head and both mfg claimed the lag was minimilized where as the honda Cx turbo was in the back it it had a lot of lag! Any one know about rear mount RX1 turbos as apposed to the front mount turbos?Im still betting my 10$ that daily riding it going to be about 85-90 hp which I think would be scarry enough for me!!and I think that wher the berg intake is situated it might be easier in the front?and Im sure with 80+ hp it wont feel heavy in the front!

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
I don't want a turbo bike,
you can't make me build a turbo bike,
well OK maybe just one.

I can just feel what's going to happen LOL

Honey guess what I decided?

M5

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Tell me again why you are shipping Memphis to Phoenix????

I thought you were selling it?

You do not need that!

Yes you are right dear, but I WANT IT!!!

Its a good thing we are leaving on vacation tomorrow. It eased the conversation. Talking about the beautiful beaches of Cozumel:face-icon-small-hap.

you can't make me build a turbo bike,
well OK maybe just one.

I can just feel what's going to happen LOL

Honey guess what I decided?

M5

G

goodtogo

Jan 30, 2009
central B.C.