• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How is the Quick Drive belt doing

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Have had a couple buds peel cogs off the Quick Drive belt. So what say you on how yours is doing? I've got about 480 miles on mine no problem. Are the ones peeling cogs ratcheting the track? Could the ones that put anti-ratchets on be getting extra vibrations? I have ran them before and ya can sometimes feel them vibrate a little. Its the pitts if ya take a Quick Drive belt out, cause ya got to do another 100 mile break in period. Just wondering whats going on out there in the real world of Pro Quick Drive belts?? Thks

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
280 miles so far took it easy for the first 70 miles made some big pulls wide open for along time and no problems!

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
11 Mile break in (parking lot to top) then all out since (200mi +/-). Been over many trees, rocks, logs, stumps, all on the throttle and taking like a champ so far. However I do know a few that have had issues.

(knocks on wood)

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
200 plus miles mine looks like new. Belt stays cool.
Broke it in like they suggest then hammered on it !

Man this belt drive seems so snappy!

Fire

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
230 miles with a silicone mess all over inside the belt drive area.

Randman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2010
Billings, MT
350 Miles and no issues, so far so good. Love the snappy response of the QD but hate that others are having problems. :face-icon-small-dis This sled is so fun to ride, I hope Polaris can get the bugs worked out on the QD/DS & add some durability to the engine.

Happy new year!

:present:

Last edited:
F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
Please elaborate... Must have missed this proceedure or wasn't looking for it in the owners manual. Taking my first ride not the Pro in 3 weeks and would like to break the belt in properly.

Thanks,
-John

Its in the manual near the front.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
found stripped cogs at 75 miles. definitely not ridden overly hard

pv

WileyCoyote

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
300 miles no problem

I have 300 miles, and no problems. Took it easy the 1st 70 miles. It does go in a heated garage at night. If it doesn't I'd check/cleanout any snow build up at night, so it doesn't turn to a chunk of ice in the a.m.

Premium Features