• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Heim Joint

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Not likely.
Some people just like to bitch and moan and complain regardless of the situation. Let em vent to their heart's content. At the end of the day I had an UNBELIEVABLE trip to Canada and got to ride on a Frikin GLACIER!

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat just for another Blue-Bird Day up on the Pemberton Ice Cap.
Totally worth whatever petty grief I get from a few members...

Just look at the photos.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308200

Are you home safe and sound now? Good to meet you BTW. We'll have to do it again.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, we are all home,.
Took two days to make the drive back from Squamish.
LONG haul coming home with what seemed like an eternal wait at the border to get back into the USA.

M
Mar 27, 2012
What is with members calling out other members who post negative stuff on issues that need to be brought up. Calling it "poor form" or "going about it the wrong way" by posting instead of calling the party/manufacture. Lets call a spade a spade !

Unfortunately the truth hurts. If we swept everything under the rug nothing would change and people could possibly get hurt or spend unnecessary money or waste time and effort on products or services. This sport is expensive and i think people want to know of potential issues.

You see it all the time, someone gets on a thread and says something negative or negative experience about a manufacturer/service and all their best friends get on here and start personally attacking that individual. If its junk its junk ! If its good its good ! Post it

Chris has stood by Skinz defending them at every avenue since this pile of junk front end has been on the snow. Everyone knows of the issues, Skinz, him, me, you, everyone. Yet their most loyal customer gets it from all the guys who love Skinz. Saying he went about it all the "wrong way". Really ? I think he has been more than fair even saying it was his own fault for not doing the 5/8 upgrade. Give him a break !

So how long did you run your Skinz front suspension, before formulating your opinion?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I didn't need to run the Skinz front end to formulate my opinion. It was pretty easy once they started snapping off. When a friend and i had the opportunity to look at them up close we saw the major design flaw, something that we had the misfortune to experience on a friend of mines front end that he fabricated. Didn't need to relive something we already knew ! Look back on some of the threads and you will catch it !

I love how you call a guy out LOL !

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
look at what chris Brown is doing on his yamaha with spg concept front !!

ill buy it from you if you hate it so much !

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
If it pleases the court Your Honor I would like to enter the preceeding serveral posts as examples of the unnecessary drama that was brought to the courts attention in post #62. These personal attacks on other members on the basis of that members personal opinions is childish at best. If i may point out to the court that this horse is still dead and beating it with a stick will never change that fact. I potition the court to move on.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I will be the first in line to try any aftermarket parts that help the nytro perform better. To the guy's that think they no it all and bash all new and improved parts. should keep there trap shut or design something better.

Last edited:
P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
exactly ! I've gone through 3 front ends on my nytro and they all have different qualities . SOME people are just trying to say this front end is flawed , because it is . I own one so i know . first off my 2008 spindles don't really work with this front end because of the off set on the tie rod location . called skinz and they said well that's just the way it is , not we could make you a longer set that's proper for your year of sled :face-icon-small-con. the heim joints are easy to up grade , they should have chose the a better product for them . about 10 minutes on the QA1 site and you can see there's better options . awesome front end just a little rough on the edges , and those are very important when it comes to steering components !

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As for me I suppose I am willing to be a Test Mule to some extent.
Based on SPG's past performance I am making the bet that they will get it fully dialed in.

The real question here is, HOW MANY 5/8th's Joints are failing?

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
So I have a question why is it that,
first off my 2008 spindles don't really work with this front end because of the off set on the tie rod location .
I have a 09' MTX and considering puting a new front end on for next year but what is this about the spindles? I know they changed the front ends on the 09' shorties but not til 10' on the MTX.

C

Clownshoes

Jul 10, 2011
North Salt Lake, UT
Cris, I wish I could have gone on this ride with ya. Maybe next year! I did enjoy the SW ride at Togwotee and I think the premium membership is a bargain. Oh and I'm still ridin with my stock front end.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yep 5/8 if fine if they are made of the same quality of timbersleds...i hit lots of stuff with my barkbuster frt end and its still 100 percent

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I make a motion this thread be locked or better yet, deleted, as it's no longer serving a purpose other than for people to ..................

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I make a motion this thread be locked or better yet, deleted, as it's no longer serving a purpose other than for people to ..................
Everyone is behaving themselves and this IS a significant issue that effects every single person who still have one of the 1/2" SPG front ends.

No reason to kill it so long as everyone remains civil.

Premium Features