• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Nytro Front End Suspension by SKINZ

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Man O' Man, ain't that the truth though.
Rode for 6 hours on Saturday in HEAVY spring snow and my shoulders are still sore today!

How quickly we forget just how much "effort" it takes to steer a slow moving Nytro in heavy snow.

This new front end is going to be a WELCOME addition to "Nytrocity"
Take a close look at your front suspension after a spring slush ride. I had snow packed into my a-arms so tight that it was keeping my steering tie rods from allowing me to steer tightly.

The snow sure packs in the stock a-arms quite a bit.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So Nytorcity won out huh? I think that is a pretty cool name. I had a lot of riding last year in spring snow conditions and I started getting tennis elbow. It took until the fall before they stopped hurting altogether.

I just hope these things are even half as good as you guys are saying they are.

Its a fun name, what the heck, she needs a unique name.
Dang sled changed my life!

I try hard to be just as honest as I can with my reviews. I don't work for the magazine and I am not "beholding" to any of the advertisers/sponsors, nor do I get my goodies for free just to write up a good review. Just like you I BUY every item on my sled and pay for it out of my own wallet.

I really liked the changes to how the sled handled. I think it made it MUCH easier to roll over and to steer.

But I will have to wait till next season to know for SURE how it works in the real world on my sled week after week.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Take a close look at your front suspension after a spring slush ride. I had snow packed into my a-arms so tight that it was keeping my steering tie rods from allowing me to steer tightly.

The snow sure packs in the stock a-arms quite a bit.

Never even bothered to take a look!.
Will keep an eye on it this Saturday and see what it does.

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Have they finalized what the c-c spindle width is? 38" would be a nice number. I would also like to see a coil over shock.

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I don't work for the magazine and I am not "beholding" to any of the advertisers/sponsors, nor do I get my goodies for free just to write up a good review. Just like you I BUY every item on my sled and pay for it out of my own wallet.

GAWD!!! I could'a sworn we sent you $30K worth of parts for free!
Where's our kick back?

All "joshin'" aside, Christopher has paid for all of the OFT parts he is sportin'. He is a stand-up guy no matter what the membership may think. His opinions are brutally honest - trust me, sometimes it is even uncomfortable.

Meet him, talk to him, and buy him dinner - it changed my outlook, I'm sure it would many others as well....

Nothing outweighs honesty.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Meet him, talk to him, and buy him dinner - it changed my outlook.
Must have been that vintage set of Beer Goggles you were wearing while you ate that MASSIVE plate of nachos!

Steampunk-Beer-Goggles.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Have they finalized what the c-c spindle width is? 38" would be a nice number. I would also like to see a coil over shock.

yup not a real fan of floats never road one i liked yet but i have not tryed the evol for 1000$ i would rather have a elka or exit shocks for that price.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I'm quite certain that I was no where near my threshhold on beer, and I'm quite certain that even if I had been, an individual of my stature could have soaked up the pacific ocean full of beer with the nacho order...

No comment.....

yup not a real fan of floats never road one i liked yet but i have not tryed the evol for 1000$ i would rather have a elka or exit shocks for that price.

I'm heading up to Skinz today to test fit a set of Exit and Float 2's that we upgraded with the spherical bearings. I will be picking up my sled with the new front end at that time, as well. I will verify the c to c distance on the front end but I believe it is 39" Any other questions, fire away.

Scott

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
GAWD!!! I could'a sworn we sent you $30K worth of parts for free!
Where's our kick back?

All "joshin'" aside, Christopher has paid for all of the OFT parts he is sportin'. He is a stand-up guy no matter what the membership may think. His opinions are brutally honest - trust me, sometimes it is even uncomfortable.

Meet him, talk to him, and buy him dinner - it changed my outlook, I'm sure it would many others as well....

Nothing outweighs honesty.

I know that Christopher paid me for the Skinz seat kit, under tunnel exhaust, airframe running boards and rear bumper he's running on his Nytro.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm quite certain that I was no where near my threshhold on beer, and I'm quite certain that even if I had been, an individual of my stature could have soaked up the pacific ocean full of beer with the nacho order...

img_2306.jpg

The Nachos were ALMOST as cool as the new goodies from SKINZ.

See, there are SOME small perks for working the floor at the Snow Shows in Boise ID. !! :face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Which raises an interesting point for me.

Do I try to recycle the Float shocks that came with my SE or do I pony up the BIG BUCKS for a brand new pair of shocks???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What are the best shocks for the new front end??????????? And whats the cost?

"IF" we stick with FOX SHOCKS.
http://www.foxracingshox.com/snowmobile/mountain

Z
snowmobile_shocks-float_2-400.jpg

Float 2
The ultimate "2-for-1" combo without compromise. Negative spring technology allows for an extremely plush ride in initial travel (say goodbye to stutter bumps), and faster, stiffer cornering while maintaining ultra ride plushness make the all-new FLOAT® 2 the one and only choice for do-anything sledding.

5639-587.jpg

Float R Evol
Take your riding to the next level of performance and adjustability. The spring rates can be easily adjusted for your riding style and terrain. Fine tune your ride height and plushness independent of your bottom-out resistance and roll stiffness. Inside the anodized 6061-T6 aluminum, bodies the application-specific valving will soak up even the hardest of terrain. Turn the rebound adjuster to fine tune shock action to the terrain and your riding style.

FOX-Race-Float-X-A-400.jpg

Float X Evol
In the mountains, where light weight and performance rule, FLOAT X EVOL delivers. It's the king of the back country - whether you are taking on the big chutes and drops or carving through the trees, the FlOat X eVOl is the most advanced and adjustable mountain shock on earth.

Premium Features