• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Yamaha Nytro MTX

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
So, this is what I was told.
There is MORE TO COME.

We have to wait until AFTER the other manufacturers have finished their releases over the next week or so for Yamaha to come back with "MORE" announcements.

Looks like they are playing the game and holding back on some more info to try and draw the attention BACK to them after everyone else has spoken.

So we wait another week and see what appears.

So there's still hope?????? I loved my Nytro. The turbo was fun but would just like a stock sled with enough HP to keep up with the stock 800's. I love the way they handle and the reliability of the fourstroke. Just give me some more ponies. PLEASE!!!!

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
So there isn't an "SE" in this years line up?

*crossing fingers*

Maybe the SE is going to have the factory turbo we've been waiting for....

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I there was stock boost I may buy it. I am thinking that cat will have stock turbo this year. I am sure the price tag may be out of control though.

If the se is what is missing, I am guessin they will do a full out stock lightweight skid, lightweight seat, a-arms, maybe a different drive system and a stock turbo, with stock mapping that works perfect. No controller. That would be fun.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Sucks, just build a lightweight factory turbo deal, no more that 525 ready to ride with a 174 3" ....there that was easy now...:D

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Sucks, just build a lightweight factory turbo deal, no more that 525 ready to ride with a 174 3" ....there that was easy now...:D

If that's what you want then just call C3. Only 40G. Dont think you will ever see that out of a manufacture.

F
Oct 29, 2010
I'd like to be the winner of this guessing game contest and say Nypex. Nytro chassis with apex motor. This might explain the new seat that really wasn't needed. However it had to be redesigned to fit the exup exhaust underneath. The new drivers for the extra HP. I've spent 30 years on Yamahas and this fits thier style. Bringing back and old fav to the newer chassis. They have played motor chassis swap for years.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
I sure hope Yamaha does not hang it up!! I admire them for having the guts to be the first(and only so far) to introduce the first all 4 stroke line up and spend the money to develope a 4 stroke that is actually worth something. I have riden Polaris for 14 years, last year I bought my 08' Nytro MTX. This is by far the best machine I have owned so far. Just one last thought, I am not sure Yamaha, or any other sled manufacture could ever build the perfect sled. No matter what they build you guys are going to spend thousands trying to make it better anyway. HAHA:face-icon-small-hap

Stu

Good comment's
Yamaha does not get enough recognition for the things they have done right, only slammed for the thing they didn't do
no other manufacturer could build the nytro or apex let alone build a better one
Yamaha belts outlast some manufacturer's crankshafts, clutches outlast some entire sleds, can't we get some lovin???

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I there was stock boost I may buy it. I am thinking that cat will have stock turbo this year. I am sure the price tag may be out of control though.

If the se is what is missing, I am guessin they will do a full out stock lightweight skid, lightweight seat, a-arms, maybe a different drive system and a stock turbo, with stock mapping that works perfect. No controller. That would be fun.
That would actually be a SPECIAL EDITION now wouldn't it!!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Good comment's
Yamaha does not get enough recognition for the things they have done right, only slammed for the thing they didn't do
no other manufacturer could build the nytro or apex let alone build a better one
Yamaha belts outlast some manufacturer's crankshafts, clutches outlast some entire sleds, can't we get some lovin???

iam a yammi die hard & think they make a great sled i would not trade my nytro for anything new they have anyway but it has a couple mods:rolleyes:.i know how good there boat motors,quads & bikes are & think they need to step there sleds up a bit to be in the same leage. love that new 4stroke outboard jeff.so is there anything new ,come on you can tell us:boink: we wont tell:D.

S

Swelly

1500 for boost but you still have to pay the install on it. My wife is happy she loves her Apex and I love my Nytro. My only complaint with the nytro is the 7.4gal fuel tank I am always out out fuel before her apex is. Think I will find a hold over and have it boosted or order one will have to copare the price difference, and let my daughter move up to the stock Nytro from her Phazer mtx

Just get a trail tank. I have one and love it.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
does yamaha really need to come out with a brand new trick sled? The technology in the nytro is still light years ahead of anything cat or poo could build. I absolutely love my nytro and it just keeps on running and running never misses a beat. Thats the beauty of a yamaha is you dont have to buy a new one every year or two because you turn the key and it starts every time. and you havent needed to waste your season because the sled is at dealer with a gaggle of problems that the manufacurer cant figure out. Dont get me wrong it would be cool if they came out with something new but i would not expect it yamaha has always been conservative especially with this economy. it looks like 2013 they may have a new chassis but more than likely just in a trail sled to start.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
wow that is an awesome deal $1500 for a turbo kit and 180hp. i think they might sell a lot of nytros because of this.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
11_SPS_Nytro_LandingPages.jpg

Premium Features