• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom XP Builds

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
For those who are interested, I will be building 3 custom sleds this year, last fall I said I was done building because I did not have the time as I was building a new Martial Arts Dojo and thought the school would be a little more busy then it is turning out to be (teaching MA is what I do in my spare time).
It appers that time is becomming more available this summer so I will have openings for a few custom sleds.
I will consider XPs or IQRs.
I turned down a few folks this past year so they will get first dibes if they choose to or have not found another builder.
I will be starting in May and will have sleds finished by late August.
These spots will be for complete builds, please let me know as soon as you can if you wish to have a sled built.
Thanks for your time.
Winter

IMG_3807.jpg

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216415

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
those 770 big bores you were building, what were thry based off?? 600 sdi? etec? carb?

i seen one with twin pipes you did, how would it compare to a 860 with single pipes?

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado

those 770 big bores you were building, what were thry based off?? 600 sdi? etec? carb?

i seen one with twin pipes you did, how would it compare to a 860 with single pipes?

The 770 was based off the 600 RS motor/carb w electronic power jets, I built it with that motor because I wanted to build a super light sled.
No oil bottle, light bottom end.
The 770 with twins would out run alot of 860s, unless they were done properly, then it is a different story, the 770 with a single is faster/stronger then the 800, it is also a bunch lighter, which helps.
The one in the photo above is an 800.

Y
Apr 22, 2008
Winter!
Very, Very nice sled! Is the Carl's cut worth doing? Would it improve sidehilling and/or make it easier to carve?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Good looking XP Winter. I have never seen that VA rear bumper / tunnel stiffener. I'll have to talk with Mike about that. Did you draw that or is it one of Mike's designs?

That's Mike's new design for last year. I have it on my M chassis and love it!

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
Whittaker727,

Is Winter's pic a full tunnel or bumper / board? It looks like a whole tunnel. If you have a pic of yours I'd be interested to see it. Mike's website does not show this particular design.

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
XP

All of my sleds are done with full VE tunnels.

Also all spots are full for this years new builds.

I am building one as a show sled for the snowmobile shows this fall, I will be post its progress.
It will be a sweet sled and will be up for sale in September.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
holy crap, I would ride an xp if you built it up for me. Very Nice sleds!!

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
Thanks

winter,

your sled above has been my screen saver for a couple months now. Great to look at every morning!

I have two left, will be finished in September PM if interested.
I will be starting to post photos soon.

One of them is my best to date, more info to come.
Thanks.
I hope everyone has had a good summer.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Winter, besides the obvious aftermarket boltons, what kind of engine work do you offer, porting, BB, pipes, turbo?

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
Winter, besides the obvious aftermarket boltons, what kind of engine work do you offer, porting, BB, pipes, turbo?

The sky is the limit, I have only been building the XPs for 2.5 years, I have not seen any motor mods that truly stand out to me.
The last 800 I built had SLP aftermarket motor mods, it was super reliable
and very consistant, I am using team and team tied clutches, other then that I have been leaving it up to the customer to choose anything above and beyond that.
The 770 that I bult was another story, It was built off of a 600 RS using a D-max stage 3 770 with a D-Max pipe and a carbon fiber can, the motor is very light, revs faster then the 800 and has a similar feel to a well set up 800 with mods. That is about all I have done as far as motor mods.
My goal has always been to build a super reliable light sled with the best suspension I could get, the XPs that I have built feel far superior to a standard or bolt on built XP, the negitive XP handling charactoristics are non exsistant, they curve like an M/chassis without sitting your butt back , this keeps you in more nutural position and allows for quicker and more comfortable transitions.
I have tried to copy the feel of a well set-up IQR and XPRS, this is what I strive for in the Mt. builds, I have been using the exit/Z-broz suspension products and E-Z rides exclusivly for about 5 years, I have changed set-ups considerably from manufacters bolt on recommendations in order to find the best handling charactoristics possible, motor mods are usually easy to come by, they just cost more and take some research, I personally do not build motors, I leave it up to the guys who do it all the time.
I hope this answers your questions.

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
info

Here is the list of the googies on this build.
I believe it will be finished and present at the WSSA Show in Wa. this Month.
More Photos to come, waiting on side panels.

2010 Custom XP 800

1. New 2010 XP 800
2. 154 VE BD White/ Black. Natural Alu/Tunnel
3. 154 EZ Ride W/Exit Shocks
4. Z-Broz 43" Arms
5. Z-Broz Exits Shock W/ RCS Ti Springs
6. Camoplast Extreme 2.5x16x 155 -2.86 pitch
7. SLP 2010 Pipe and Can
8. SLP 6-9 K Head
9. SLP Intake kit
10. Team Tied Clutch conversion.
11. Clutch tower brace.
12. 2010 XRS Front Member brace.
13. 2010 XRS Steer Post.
14. 2010 XPRS Recoil stop.
15. Oil injection delete.
16. Holtz Vented panels.
17. Fly racing Risers 7/8- 1 1/8 x 7" Black.
18. Pro Taper Bars.
19. 2010 XPRS Low windshield.
20. 2010 MXZ White Console.
21. 2010 MXZ Hood. W/decals.
22. XPRS CNC Race Primary Clutch.
23. Quick Clickers.
22. Race Works clutch Brace
23. Digitec 2-egt, Water Temp/ RPM
24. BRP Vented Panels

D

depsnolvr

Nov 26, 2007
winter, was that yellow xp sold to someone in BC ? I swear I have seen it before in person

F
Nov 26, 2007
:lock1:Hey Shannon,Great to meet you and see the operation !!! Anyone looking to buy a sled,have a look at this one.He does top notch work.Nothing is overlooked.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features