• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon Fiber Nytro Project

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Let’s face it, Yamahas aren’t the lightest sleds on the mountain. Yes, they are fast, and the list of aftermarket parts is extensive. But to create the highest Power-To-Weight ratio available, we need to shed some of those pounds and put that nitro on a carbon fiber diet.

C3 PowerSports has successfully developed a full carbon fiber chassis for both Arctic-Cat and Ski-Doo. We are now planning on building the lightest and strongest Yamaha chassis ever! This is your chance to help out, or be the first to have one. Rest assured you will have the fastest, lightest and best looking sled on the mountain!

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Why A Carbon Fiber Nytro

What do Mclaren, Ferrari and The F-22 Raptor have in common? They are fast, and they are made with carbon fiber. The C3 Carbon Fiber Nytro, will be the Ferrari on the Snow.

Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber is a lightweight material with a low density and excellent fatigue resistance. It is stronger than aluminum and can be made to form many complex shapes.

Reducing the weight of a snowmobile improves many of its characteristics such as responsiveness, acceleration/deceleration, floatation, and overall climbing ability. When carbon fiber is used to replace other materials to reduce the weight, increased strength and rigidity are also achieved. On top of all that, carbon fiber looks simply amazing.

Nytro Project

Similarly to C3 PowerSports M Series and XP chassis, the design for the first all carbon fiber chassis for Yamaha will have four objectives; to improve performance, strength and reliability while significantly reducing overall weight.

We plan on building a one piece monocoque chassis like our Carbon Fiber XP that will use our integrated fuel cell concept.

The integrated fuel cell or IFC uses an internal partitioned baffle system which moves fuel through three separate compartments and holds the fuel at the front of the tank for consistent delivery and mass centralization. This eliminates the “sloshing” effect found in conventional fuel tanks.

By reducing weight at the same time as adding strength and creating an improved center of gravity, the IFC chassis allows for better overall handling and reduces rider fatigue on long rides.

This carbon fiber chassis will be designed to accept all stock and aftermarket components and will require no further fabricating. It will be available in all stock lengths up to or beyond 174” and will handle 3” lugs on a 16” wide track.

We plan on saving 100 lbs or more on the Nytro. This will be obtained with a Carbon Fiber Chassis, Body Panels and Hood. More can be saved with lightweight suspension.

Let us know what you think, what would make the Nytro better and give us a call to be one of the first to own one.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So we are looking at something just like this for our beloved Nytro???

And we can expect to shave off 100+ Pounds?

HPIM0316.jpg

HPIM0316_02.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
2 Questions:

1. What is your target ready to ride weight of a turboed sled with the 3 banger.

2. Have you given any thought to the option of using the Apex motor for guys who have tired chassis Apexes that they can't sell?

Thx M5

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
A Carbon Fiber Nytro chassis that would fit a 3" track, an Apex motor, and a midmount/frontmount turbo would interest me.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
A Carbon Fiber Nytro chassis that would fit a 3" track, an Apex motor, and a midmount/frontmount turbo would interest me.

I want something more rider forward like the Doo or Nytro chassis, but would like to keep the Apex motor, M10 or Baker skid would also be a must for me.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Objectives

Project Objectives

• Target weight savings will be 100 lbs +
  • Full carbon fiber chassis with integrated fuel cell IFC (C3 XP IFC holds 15gal)
  • Compatible with front & rear mount Turbos
  • Carbon Fiber Body Panels
  • Carbon Fiber Hood
  • Compatible with stock components
  • Handle 3” lugs on a 16” wide track and can be made as long as you want
  • Should be able to mount the Vector Engine as well
  • Looking into the propane kits
  • We would like to be able to fit the Apex, but I cant say for sure. We are looking into this.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I think you would find more guys willing to retrofit Apex's than Nytro's? My opinion only?
Would be nice to have the ability to fit different turbo kits like Alpine, Impulse or MCX. Realize you cant make them all fit.

Last edited:

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Any idea on price? And could it be ordered predrilled for specific suspensions. And would it incorporate the stock bulkhead cooler and come with rear tunnel coolers.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
x2.
I already have the track, motor, chaincase, skid, front suspension, and steering. Plus the rider forward design of the Nytro? hmmmm. What's a 100 lbs cost? lol

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
I agree, I would be much more interested in an Apex chassis - more HP and it should be possible to get even bigger weight savings than a Nytro.

I would have no problem dropping $2000 to be able to convert my Apex into a Nytro killer - it would be cheaper than buying a new Nytro.

Mark

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I agree, I would be much more interested in an Apex chassis - more HP and it should be possible to get even bigger weight savings than a Nytro.

I would have no problem dropping $2000 to be able to convert my Apex into a Nytro killer - it would be cheaper than buying a new Nytro.

Mark

I'm guessing $2000 might get you a hood and some CF side panels. Probably add another 5G for the chassis. lol

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
These prices are probably indicitive of what we are looking at for a Nytro setup...

Carbon Fiber

<table class="category-products"><thead><tr><th>Image</th><th>Name</th><th>Price</th> </tr></thead> <tbody> <tr class="odd"><td></td><td width="100%">XP/XR Carbon Fiber Chassis</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$2,695.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td></td><td width="100%">C3 Carbon Fiber XP Dash/Console with Upper AirBox</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$1,095.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td></td><td width="100%">XP Carbon Fiber Hood</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$275.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td></td><td width="100%">XP Carbon Fiber Side Panels</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$845.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td></td><td width="100%">XP Carbon Fiber Fuel Tank</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$1,495.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td></td><td width="100%">C3 carbon fiber guards for Avid extended XP chaincase</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$360.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td></td><td width="100%">Custom Carbon Fiber Suspension Rails</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$1,105.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td></td><td width="100%">M & Crossfire Series Carbon Fiber Access Panels</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$295.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td></td><td width="100%">M & Crossfire Series Carbon Fiber Hood</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$995.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td></td><td width="100%">M-Series Carbon Fiber Chassis</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$6,495.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"><td></td><td width="100%">Nextech Mono Shock Rear Suspension</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$2,800.00
</td> </tr> <tr class="even"><td></td><td width="100%">RT 1000 to REV Conversion Carbon Fiber Side Panels</td><td nowrap="nowrap">$845.00
</td></tr></tbody></table>

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
100 bux a lb......you sound like an owner. 10k should do it:face-icon-small-ton
Haha. Thanks. I know CF is light, but There is no way it would drop another 100 lbs off of what I already ride. My Nytro is 560 with a M-10 and 174. That is ready to ride excluding fuel. This project is more for someone who is starting with a stock chassis.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Apex motor would be pretty cool in a Nytro chasis. As long as you don't lose any handling characteristics with the carbon fibre chasis. This should of been done last year lol !

Premium Features