• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 clutch fade....down to 7500

Ken Climb

Premium Member
m8 clutch fade....down to 7500 **EDIT, I think i've found the problem**

The sled has always ran at 8,000 in the steep and deep with slp pipe .It now only pulls 78 and then half ay up the hill goes down to 7500. This is with a new belt and good deflection. Everything else seems good in the clutch. WTF

The bd nitrous still works good though.....brings it back up from 75-76 to 8-8100.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if nothings changed or wrong with enngine then just standerd clutch wear...spring tension /rates changing with springs getting old/worn clutch button/rollors etc..all of it little but adds up..plan old standard wear to renew and she should be back to where ya were

Ken Climb

Premium Member
After another look, I found one of my weights had dislodged from the pin. Those stupid little set screws!! One of my weights is sitting all the way to one side.

I'm sure this doesn't help my problem!

How do you keep those weights tight from coming loose? I used locktight on those little set screws. Is there a certain color of locktight that works best?

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Make sure the threads are clean and blue 242 should do it unless there is a vibration problem. Maybe weigh each weight and make sure they are all the same. What happened to the Yammi ?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
After another look, I found one of my weights had dislodged from the pin. Those stupid little set screws!! One of my weights is sitting all the way to one side.

How do you keep those weights tight from coming loose? I used locktight on those little set screws. Is there a certain color of locktight that works best?

put a drop in female threads as well as male set screw

M
Nov 27, 2007

Red is what they come with thats why you should use heat when removing. Green is gap filling for fiction bearings and blue is removable. I would also say you found your problem should check if there is any spider damage.Hope this helps

Premium Features