• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 sno pro m8000 bog

M
Oct 23, 2013
have 2 2017 m8000 both sleds still
in break in with 100:1 mix in tank
both sleds are new and have a low end
bog /hesitation just above idle anyone had this ? what is it ? thanks

N
Mar 8, 2018
Sweden
Its normal, all the cats I have ridden have had that bog, alot of people say you can fix it with intake air temperature sensor relocate, haven't tried it myself.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
have 2 2017 m8000 both sleds still
in break in with 100:1 mix in tank
both sleds are new and have a low end
bog /hesitation just above idle anyone had this ? what is it ? thanks

Finish running the break in gas/oil out first. The bog is most likely an over fuel situation. If the bog is still there you can minimize it. Avoid excessive idling, check your idle speed, I keep mine 1800-1900, stay away from ethanol fuels. The engine will make full power around the 500 mile mark, it takes that long on the Suzuki. Just an fyi if you raise the idle speed to high (2100 or so i cant remember exactly) it wont go in reverse. Mine runs great and is crisp maybe not C tec crisp but nothing that will get you in trouble. Best of luck

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
could always be the TSS. make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
2017 bog

In 2017 Cat reshimmed the drive clutch and lowered the engagement rpm by a lot. The Suzuki motor, with the exhaust valve only on the main exhaust port and not the auxiliary exhaust ports doesn't have the power at 3500 rpm that the 2018 ctec motor has. Yet they clutched it like it does.

Add our ProShift mountain clutch kit and it will be a whole new animal! Yes we do raise the engagement some, but its still nice an smooth. Stock clutching is simply just really bad in 2017.
The clutch kit is only $269.95 with our new springs, ProMag weights, and our custom machined Helixes. This clutch kit his excellent throttle response in deep snow.

Another item that works excellent to improve the low end is our Y pipe. We really emphasized on the low end and mid range gains with the Y pipe. Easy inexpensive power. 4.5 lb/ft of torque gain and 7 hp in the mid range gain. 4-5 peak hp gain. With our clutch kit we recommend using more weight in the clutch arms when using the Y pipe to harness the extra power. Only $169 and is made of polished stainless steel.

Both our Stainless and Titanium mufflers with drop a lot of weight as well. and will make the sled run about 100 more rpm.
Utilizing dual overlapping internal mechanical baffler system that has a nice deep rumble but isn't loud like the straight through glasspack style mufflers. 15 gauge construction, and now our Titanium mufflers are polished too. Drop 17 lbs of weight with the stainless one, and almost 20 lbs with the titanium!
$229 for stainless and $449 for titanium.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=89&controller=category

Attachments

• ssicatclutchkit2016.jpg
    ssicatclutchkit2016.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 52
  • SSI 10-101.jpg
    SSI 10-101.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 12-110ti polished arctic cat muffler ssi.jpg
    12-110ti polished arctic cat muffler ssi.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 63

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I disagree that 17s had bad clutching. I ride 2500'-8000' on stock clutching. works great. I know it would not work as great with a clutch kit in that broad of a range. you can raise engagement a hair with a glide washer kit like from thunder products. That y-pipe does add a little low end-mid snap. Id have to see one on a dyno to believe the raise of top end power. I run stock weights with that Ti can and y-pipe. runs great everywhere including powder stacked on the hood. turn off your thumb warmer in those conditions or TSS will bog you.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I would also mention that the SSI stainless can I added to my 17 Mtn Cat is REALLY loud. Louder than any of my buddies sleds also with cans. More raspy than rumble compared to my buddies can on his 16. Probably going to change it...

Duff

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wheaton, MN
In 2017 Cat reshimmed the drive clutch and lowered the engagement rpm by a lot. The Suzuki motor, with the exhaust valve only on the main exhaust port and not the auxiliary exhaust ports doesn't have the power at 3500 rpm that the 2018 ctec motor has. Yet they clutched it like it does.

Add our ProShift mountain clutch kit and it will be a whole new animal! Yes we do raise the engagement some, but its still nice an smooth. Stock clutching is simply just really bad in 2017.
The clutch kit is only $269.95 with our new springs, ProMag weights, and our custom machined Helixes. This clutch kit his excellent throttle response in deep snow.

Another item that works excellent to improve the low end is our Y pipe. We really emphasized on the low end and mid range gains with the Y pipe. Easy inexpensive power. 4.5 lb/ft of torque gain and 7 hp in the mid range gain. 4-5 peak hp gain. With our clutch kit we recommend using more weight in the clutch arms when using the Y pipe to harness the extra power. Only $169 and is made of polished stainless steel.

Both our Stainless and Titanium mufflers with drop a lot of weight as well. and will make the sled run about 100 more rpm.
Utilizing dual overlapping internal mechanical baffler system that has a nice deep rumble but isn't loud like the straight through glasspack style mufflers. 15 gauge construction, and now our Titanium mufflers are polished too. Drop 17 lbs of weight with the stainless one, and almost 20 lbs with the titanium!
$229 for stainless and $449 for titanium.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=89&controller=category

I'm so sick of the bog on this machine.... I'll call you next week, I already have the Ti can.

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Is the bog really clutch related. What should engagement rpm be. My 2017 engages really low, 3200-3300 rpm.
Interested on more theories on this clutch/bog issue.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
I'm so sick of the bog on this machine.... I'll call you next week, I already have the Ti can.
Do you have aftermarket cans on both sleds? Have you tried them with the stock can.

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
I used a GGB trail can last year. I have since switched back to the Stock can, but have not used it yet to rule out the can.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I have a modified 12 and I think the intake gets hot when I stop or idle for a bit. I have a O2 sensor and I have tuned some sleds that were SO rich it was surprising. Could also be a bit of both.

Premium Features