• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Introducing Panthera Motorsports CR625 100+hp Snowbike Monster !

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
The way it worked out was about 10,500ish before assembly still using some parts from your engine if you have one... for the whole package.. it was hard to justify... It still would have to be nikasiled and put together ...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Whos pipe are they using ,,Cant imagine a 500 pipe working without some Modification to at least the outlet diameter

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
You add another 500 or so for a matching pipe from a builder in Ca

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The Klim 585 is a stock stroke motor i believe. Where the 625 is different. I believe here in Canada Neils Power Pipes is building pipes for the Liger guys.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
In talking to the klim rep here he was under the impression they are having an engine done by them ...this year.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
39e84819efda9cccd505d1379aaa2c5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Preeeettty

You are obviously easily misled by the brightly colored vinyl wrap and the brightly anodized billet bits. The actual Timbersled parts are hideous; the aluminum welds on the spindle are reminiscent of a two year old learning to play with play dough. I can't tell from that pic but would guess the actual kits construction is very similar in lack of quality workmanship and design. To each their own, though.

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
You are obviously easily misled by the brightly colored vinyl wrap and the brightly anodized billet bits. The actual Timbersled parts are hideous; the aluminum welds on the spindle are reminiscent of a two year old learning to play with play dough. I can't tell from that pic but would guess the actual kits construction is very similar in lack of quality workmanship and design. To each their own, though.
He's an angry elf. Must be the lack of sunlight in AK.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Interesting thread. The clutch question also intrigues me but for different reasons. I have had several 2 and 4 stroke KTMs with juice clutches. I liked them a lot. I have a 2015 KTM 450 now and it has the high end Rekluse clutch whigh allows use of the clutch normally if you so choose. I would not want a snowbike without the Rekluse. I am not sure if they are an option for a CR500 or not.

My other observation about the Panthera motor is it looks very nice. A big powerful 2 stroke for a snowbike would be very cool. My desire is to see someone do an EFI engine though. The snowmobile industry has used them for years. I don't know why the 2 stroke bikes are still running carbs. I didn't like changing jets, etc. back when I was running sleds with carbs. A modern EFI 2 stroke with 80+ horsepower would be great on a snowbike. 6 speed close ratio transmission, electric start, Rekluse clutch and so on. Too much to ask I suppose but why can't a reliable EFI system be built for the Panthera?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Interesting thread. The clutch question also intrigues me but for different reasons. I have had several 2 and 4 stroke KTMs with juice clutches. I liked them a lot. I have a 2015 KTM 450 now and it has the high end Rekluse clutch whigh allows use of the clutch normally if you so choose. I would not want a snowbike without the Rekluse. I am not sure if they are an option for a CR500 or not.

My other observation about the Panthera motor is it looks very nice. A big powerful 2 stroke for a snowbike would be very cool. My desire is to see someone do an EFI engine though. The snowmobile industry has used them for years. I don't know why the 2 stroke bikes are still running carbs. I didn't like changing jets, etc. back when I was running sleds with carbs. A modern EFI 2 stroke with 80+ horsepower would be great on a snowbike. 6 speed close ratio transmission, electric start, Rekluse clutch and so on. Too much to ask I suppose but why can't a reliable EFI system be built for the Panthera?

I know they have a high hp core rekluse for it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S
Feb 12, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The reason why 2 stroke dirt bikes are carburetor is money, but not for the cost of the EFI. the manufacturers make more money selling us parts for our 4 strokes. Years ago a friend of mine wanted to import Husaberg into Canada. While at the Husaberg factory in Sweden he asked the same question. They make more money selling parts for 4 strokes. IMO if manufacturers did R&D on 2 strokes again we would have better bikes that cost us less money to maintain and repair. A couple of us have been playing with the idea of using KTMs ignition and EFI management system on a CR 500. Before someone says it can't be done because it only sparks on every second stroke, KTMs use a wasted spark system. Which means it sparks on every rotation. Set up a crank sensor(missing tooth/reluctor wheel) maybe a Dobeck controller and start your own R&D. It's too bad I'm just a poor electrician and don't have the time. But if I win the lottery I'm doing it. Some guys in New Zealand put a CR 500 into a YZF 450 frame and fuel injected it. You can Google it. I tried to track them down, but couldn't make contact.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The reason why 2 stroke dirt bikes are carburetor is money, but not for the cost of the EFI. the manufacturers make more money selling us parts for our 4 strokes. Years ago a friend of mine wanted to import Husaberg into Canada. While at the Husaberg factory in Sweden he asked the same question. They make more money selling parts for 4 strokes. IMO if manufacturers did R&D on 2 strokes again we would have better bikes that cost us less money to maintain and repair. A couple of us have been playing with the idea of using KTMs ignition and EFI management system on a CR 500. Before someone says it can't be done because it only sparks on every second stroke, KTMs use a wasted spark system. Which means it sparks on every rotation. Set up a crank sensor(missing tooth/reluctor wheel) maybe a Dobeck controller and start your own R&D. It's too bad I'm just a poor electrician and don't have the time. But if I win the lottery I'm doing it. Some guys in New Zealand put a CR 500 into a YZF 450 frame and fuel injected it. You can Google it. I tried to track them down, but couldn't make contact.

A Yamahonda! I love it. This really seems like something that KTM/Husqvarna should provide given that they still produce a lot of two strokes. EFI shouldn't be something difficult for them to do even if it is on the 300. However, a beastly 500 with EFI would be very nice. An old man's dream I guess.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Rumor mill has KTM close to an EFI 300, and some think the new 300 is step towards that?

OSSA has/had a 300 EFI Trials bike out a few years ago, so the fuel system to do it is already in play.

Cat Suzuki 800 has separate jugs on their 800, seems like it would take much to get one of their jugs on an existing engine case?

Premium Features