• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

93 Arctic Cat Jag FC440 no spark

P
Jan 20, 2009
93 Arctic Cat Jag FC440 no spark

I bought this sled that had caught on fire. It melted the harness so I decided to buy a used harness. I am 99% sure I bought the right harness but now I have no spark. What do I need to look for? The odd thing I did notice is that the old harness had a 2 pin harness from the safety switch. The new harness has 3 pin harness but so does the replacement handlebar. I can only think the replacement harness is no good, I have one that won't work, or I have something not hooked up correctly. This new harness does have a 6 pin plug that I can't figure out what it's for. The old harness was burnt so bad that I can't compare. Any held would be great!

Feb 5, 2016
Have you tried checking for spark with the kil switch down? We had a 90 prowler 440 l/c that was backwards after replacing some electrical parts. To kill the sled, you had to lift up on the killswitch and push the throttle and it would shut down

P
Jan 20, 2009
Yes. I found that out too so now I have spark. Found out the cranks seals were crap so I had them replaced but now still have same issue I had after I got the wiring straightened out. It acts like it's not getting fuel at times. I've replaced EVERYTHING fuel related. New pump, new lines, new filter, new pickup, and even a new NOS carb. It will start for a few when I dump fuel in the cylinder but once that burns off it stalls. It did run longer a few times but not long enough to get carb adjusted. What gives

Premium Features