• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Bike boots??

T
Dec 11, 2016
I have a Columbia outlet by me and I am on my second set of their Bugaboot. Im usually under $60 on closeout. I would recommend a smaller profile toe so you can use the shifter lever better. I have toe heaters in my pack and only on those super cold days will I want to use them. I tried to ride with traditional style sorrels once and it sucked. Find a non bulky performance lace up from toe to shin style boot.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
+2 boa 2nd season... Survive one season of a cr500

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tride

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2010
Bozeman MT
Alpinestars Toucan is about perfect if you can stomach the cost. Zero wear after a good season last year and very comfortable. Just like wearing a MX boot, but waterproof and warm.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Alpinestars Toucan is about perfect if you can stomach the cost. Zero wear after a good season last year and very comfortable. Just like wearing a MX boot, but waterproof and warm.

How warm? I was cold today in my klim's and they're pretty heavily insulated. I'd like more protection, but I can't give up any warmth. I'm really liking my klims. I'll just throw on another pair of socks next time it's gonna be 2° and deep.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
toe warmers

the original model KLIM boot was not real warm, I began putting in a set of toe warmers each ride, huge difference for me, problem solved.

the Boa Klim is way warmer, on the bike dragging in the snow all day, no toes warmers necessary, but in my pack just in case.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
My klim adrenaline were nice and warm yesterday and my feet are easily chilled. Shifting not super easy but I'm thinking a shifter mod is in my bikes future.
I hooked a stick or something though and may have broken my foot. Can't really tell so it must not be broken. So, they either helped to definitely not break my foot, or we're possibly not thick or armored enough. Or I need to be more careful. Either way they were comfy and that's what matters most lol.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I would recommend the Alpinestars Corozal or Toucan. The Corozal is lower priced but is not Gore-tex, both work really good for snowbike use and feel like a moto boot.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
I'm wearing the Forma Terra boot, it has a liner in it similar to Gore-tex so keeps you from getting wet. I rode the last part of the year in them like 6 rides and they are way nicer with the stiff sole in them compared to snowboard boots. They feel more like a moto boot. I will say they aren't really insulated so if your feet get cold easy you probably will hate them. I've been fine with a nice pair of stance snowboard socks in 0 degree F weather. While I could probably be warmer I like the stiffness and extra protection.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I have zero experience so won't comment a bunch. I went and checked out the klim stuff, just couldn't comprehend that low level of protection, I have smashed my foot up pretty good on a dirt bike and don't want to repeat it. So I went for the toucan, I bought them from Europe for about 200 less than here and they showed up in less than a week. They feel warm but we don't really have snow yet so no real life use yet.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
great topic, though its been chatted about a good length before.

I ran HMK Boa's for the last two years, but the level of protection concerned me. A SIDI Crossfire w/ full insulation and waterproofing would be awesome, but no such boot exists!

So, I went out looking for the stiffest "snowmobiling" boot made, that wasn't huge in size. A pretty tough thing to go looking for... so settled on the FXR boot, specifically http://www.fxrracing.com/snow/accessories/boots/elevation-lite-boa-focus-boot-16.html

So far, i'm very happy. Warm, stiff and good shifting ability compared to my bulkier HMK. This boot doesn't have a linear, which keeps its size down - which I think is the key.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah

Tride

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2010
Bozeman MT
How warm? I was cold today in my klim's and they're pretty heavily insulated. I'd like more protection, but I can't give up any warmth. I'm really liking my klims. I'll just throw on another pair of socks next time it's gonna be 2° and deep.

I've ridden them in -5-ish temps. Average temp is probably +10F. In winter our feet are mostly in the snow (SW CO). I have crummy circulation but have never been cold in these boots. I wear a synthetic liner sock and a heavy wool sock. I wear size 12 Tech 8s and got the Toucan in a 13.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
I've ridden them in -5-ish temps. Average temp is probably +10F. In winter our feet are mostly in the snow (SW CO). I have crummy circulation but have never been cold in these boots. I wear a synthetic liner sock and a heavy wool sock. I wear size 12 Tech 8s and got the Toucan in a 13.

Wonder if a person could go bigger, and heat mold some intuitions in them?

Don't think I'm ready to try them up in GUC just yet!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I wear the Toucan in -5 and above temps. I spend a good amount of the day walking around in knee deep snow. Dry is warm. I have so foot warmers in my pack and have never needed them. Moto boot protection and a sole you can kick a dirt bike with. As far as price, we sell the Corozal for a very good deal that beats most any snow boot price.

Premium Features