• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Interesting....New Yammie

M
Jan 14, 2004
The only hope is that this sled is some kind of test mule for the new technology because if you think about it when was the last time you saw Yamaha let any spy photos of a new release slip, usually you just don't see them period, ever. They are exceptionally good at keeping a secret but if this is the "New" release then it makes my life easy, and I pity you poor dealers.

M5

G
Dec 15, 2007
I agree with M5. I don't remember Yamaha releasing this much info about a sled prior to the big release. Hopefully this is not the game changer and the actual game changer will be released Feb 2nd.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I hope they build a ground up mountain sled cause this totally rebuilding a trail based sled and putting it on a 100 lb diet to make it work in the mountains is getting a little old. There is no reason they can't build a proper mountain chassis right out of the shute, I'd gladly pay they extra dough to save the time and trouble in the end, but they clearly do not understand the mountain market at all. The Nytro is a prime example, if they had tested it properly in the first place they would have known the 08 was a total turd (ie: crap track, crap suspension, crap tunnel, heavy as hell) and built it like the 2010 in back in 08, instead everyone out there gets to be the R&D department and 3 years later they fix it. C'mon I mean really do we think this new sled will be any different? I'm not making that mistake again somebody else can work out the bugs this time around. All these "Reviews" to date are trail riders so I guess we'll see but sounds like the same old plan, but hey maybe they'll have a sweet new vid with a chick in new clothes pointing at stuff on the sled and hyping us all up. LOL

M5

exactly how i feel. where are the true mtn chassis 4 strokes. enough of the trail sled w/ long tracks bs.

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
I agree with M5. I don't remember Yamaha releasing this much info about a sled prior to the big release. Hopefully this is not the game changer and the actual game changer will be released Feb 2nd.

OK its Feb 2nd, Where's the "Game Changer" at :face-icon-small-dis

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
That "thing" in the picture better have about 500 hp ......and even then its just wrong...arghhhhhhhh:brokenheart:

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
i love my 2010 mtx 153 it worked great right out of the box at 8500 ft. then 90mph in the flat lands ain't bad either! plus wheelies anytime anywhere. not bad for a trail sled. this is for rotax forgot the quote

S
Oct 15, 2008
Bozeman-MT
I really don't understand this thread. As a business man maybe I look at things from a business stand point:

What sled manufacture has had the most profitable bottom line for the past 6 years? Yamaha.

What manufacture spend the least amount of money on warranty claims? Yamaha.

Who builds the most reliable sled under boost? Yamaha (which is what gives them the edge in the warranty expense. A lot of their sled are boosted from the showroom which means they have no warranty.) Very smart.

What manufacture build the best most enjoyable to ride trail sleds? Yamaha

What manufacture provides the best platform to build the best mountain riding hill climbers? Yamaha.

What manufacture provides the best platform to build the best boon docking sleds for experienced riders? Yamaha.

I could go on, but why would Yamaha give a rats @$$ about weight? They and their current riders have proven over and over again that weight is not an issue if you know how to ride. The guys who keep pounding on this weight thing might as well just say I'm a rookie, and I'm not capable of handling the best sled on the market. Even if I couldn't ride these heavy sleds I've seen enough guys who can that I'd be embarrassed to admit that I couldn't or didn't want to.

Why would Yamaha want to change anything dramatically about their product line? Trying to fix something that's not broken can lead to disaster. I hope they stay the course and learn from the Nytro that the rider forward design is going in the wrong direction, re-work the Apex platform and get it somewhere in-between like the Dragon.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Thats all Yamaha did was focus on the flatlanders this year (sorry guys) but us mountian riders and dealers need a sled with more HP and less weight if we want to compete with polaris ski-doo and Arctic cat realiabity is a plus but people don't want to spend $13000 on a 130hp mountain sled when they can spend that and get a 160+ hp two-stroke mountain sled, it is going to be hard to sell mountain sleds next year without a higher hp sled!!!
Wake up and give us some more mountain specific sleds with more HORSE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features