• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tracker 2 vs pieps dsp

J
Mar 21, 2008
I have been leaning towards the tracker 2 but I am not sure I can get one before my trip and even if I do I wont have much time to practice with it. I need a beacon, shovel and probe. yu can find the peips with one or two free items depending on where you get it and you will pay full for the "hot item" tracker 2 and when you add the cost of the shovel and probe it comes out about the same so for those that have treid a demo tracker 2 and the pieps which would you go with? The biggest reason I am now leaning towards the pieps is simply that I would have more time to learn how it works before my trip.
Any other pros or cons to either that a begginer would miss?

S
Feb 21, 2009
either

they both would be fine,as long as it is the new digital.More important is you know the one you have by lots and lots of pratice,,:D

I've used both beacons in the mountains. The Pieps has further range and is easier for multiple burials, but the Tracker 2 is faster at displaying the information on the screen. A benefit of the Pieps is the upgrade port; when new technology is available you only need to pay $20 to upgrade the Pieps to the latest firmware. The Tracker 2 has fewer buttons and may be easier, especially for single burials, but if you know how to use the Pieps you'll really like the additional features of the Pieps (scan, mark, check frequency of other beacons, etc.) and the further range is always nice. Either way, you'll be impressed with the Tracker 2 or the Pieps. They're both very good beacons. Feel free to call or PM with any questions about any of the beacons.

M

my dog skip

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 9, 2008
Pieps all the way. They were the first with the 3 antenna and have been at the the top of beacons for years.

Premium Features