• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 E-tec is on its way. No way around it.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Cornered a couple of the main skidoo reps yesterday at the snow show and talked for about an hour and they siad that doo invested in etec and the new 2011 800 will be e-tec. So the way i see it is, Let the game begin!! :confused::):(:rolleyes::confused::eek::cool::mad::light::face-icon-small-sad:D

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Cornered a couple of the main skidoo reps yesterday at the snow show and talked for about an hour and they siad that doo invested in etec and the new 2011 800 will be e-tec. So the way i see it is, Let the game begin!! :confused::):(:rolleyes::confused::eek::cool::mad::light::face-icon-small-sad:D

indeed....i think it will have a lot of potential.

hopefully aftermarket will take on the task.. ;)

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I was originally told it will be throttle body injected for 2012. I was told yesterday that they decided to go eTec :( and wanted a mid-season release but the 500 that were built did not meet emissions. I'm still holding out hope that they will use throttle body injectors, but I'm not sweating it until I see what the consumer will get.

No doubt the future is coming:):(.

Dave

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Wow, that is sad news for sure. I was really hoping for throttle body injection if we had to have injection at all.

E-tec is bad news for anyone that wants to build more power than stock folks. Thats the long and the short of it.

Any electronic gurus out there that want a turbo Etec to mess with early? Ive got one that I will lend you for testing....

Jake

Premium Features