• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Tied Secondary

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Anyone tried a Team Tied Secondary on the Pro???? If so, what are your thoughts and opinions??? Really debating purchasing one for my 2012 Pro 163.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If you search you will find several threads on the Tied.

I have it on my sled and I really like it. The claims are that the Tied will provide consistent RPM's, cooler clutch temps and smooth back shifts. I definitely notice that the clutch is smoother. I can't really say if the temps are different because I would have to compare two identical sleds doing identical work. My RPM's seem to hold really well, but they weren't bad before. I think the Tied is a better clutch but I'm not sure if it is $400 better. If I only had $400 to upgrade my Pro I would do a PA head, HPS can, Better Boards or shock revalve before the Tied. I was hoping the 2013 Pro would come with Tied clutches. The TSS-004 is no longer available from SLP which makes me think that sometime in the near future, Polaris sleds will come with the Tied.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
I have HPS Can already and really like it and bought it with the intention of maybe adding the Power Addiction head next year. But after the 3 years of grief with my M1000, I'm really not that into touching the motor as this one already rips stock. So I was thinking this would be a great upgrade as I have the cash from selling my Fox Floats that will pay for the clutch and after riding a Polaris, clutching is everything in my opinion.
Where did you get your Tieds from??? I was looking on Team Aftermarkets site and they advertise it for the Pro 163 complete with spring and helix for $399.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Running it on my 11 163

Seems to work awesome. On and off the throttle smooth and great backshift. Can hold my hand on the primary and secondary after a long pull. What elevation are you running?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I have HPS Can already and really like it and bought it with the intention of maybe adding the Power Addiction head next year. But after the 3 years of grief with my M1000, I'm really not that into touching the motor as this one already rips stock. So I was thinking this would be a great upgrade as I have the cash from selling my Fox Floats that will pay for the clutch and after riding a Polaris, clutching is everything in my opinion.
Where did you get your Tieds from??? I was looking on Team Aftermarkets site and they advertise it for the Pro 163 complete with spring and helix for $399.

Go with the PA head. It flat works. Get the right one for your lowest elevation and even with pump gas, it's pull and go other than you may have to add 2g's of weight. Some do, some don't. I did. Throttle response is night and day quicker and stronger. Topend pull is about the same. But if you play in the trees, or are on and off the throttle alot, you love what the head does for this sled. I'm not sold on the tied. I'm not running one, but riding buds are. Can't really tell the difference between them in the clutching.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
If you mess with the tied and the tss both clutches work very well, that being said I would buy the tied if I needed a clutch for a sled. but with spot on helix and spring the tss will work just as good. So for 400 to replace the tss? A personal choice imho

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Never ran the stock secondary on my 11 and I will take the TIED off of it when I trade on a 13. I am stock running MTX 68's with no rivets, SLP blue/pink primary spring, TIED secondary, TEAM red/blue secondary spring, and the 73/57.36 side of the helix. Runs great. Very responsive. Not sure if you see sled lengths.....but it is more fun to ride. Just feels like it SHOULD BE faster. I like the TIED so much I put one on my wifes 11' IQ 600. I recommend it.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Just got it!!

My team tied secondary just arrived in the mail. I did not order the alignment tool.... Will I need this tool to install the clutch or is it not necessary??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Same dimensions as tss04

Should use the same washers for float and offset. Im running 73/61 helix blue pink primary. Black purple sec. Mtx 68 fully loaded. 0-5k. Drops off r's a little up high but i have another set of weights with three heel two tip. Just swap em out. I had to get the rpm so i never saw more than 8100 max to keep off the rev limiter bog. Oh i am running a pa. Head 19/42 gearing and a 163 ce. 2.5

Last edited:

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Set the clutches on a tabel and look at them. You should be able to match them up exactly. No extra shims or additional alignment needed. I've put a Tied on a 2009 RMK8, 2011 RMK6, and 2011 PRO8. None of them needed to be realigned.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
My team tied secondary just arrived in the mail. I did not order the alignment tool.... Will I need this tool to install the clutch or is it not necessary??

I was able to use the same offset as the TSS-004. I was concerned that it was not aligned so I bought the tool. I then measured and found that it was in alignment. But that doesn't mean you will be in the same situation.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Thanks for the info guys. I also checked with team as well and they were able to clarify the instructions a little better. I'm going to install it tomorrow and we'll see how it works!!

J

jwentzer

Mar 16, 2010
Colorado
Team LWT Secondary on 2013

According to all the reviews/specs on the 2013, it shows that it's already coming with a Team secondary. Is this the same team secondary you are purchasing for your 11's and 12's? Or is it different. Maybe the 11's and 12's come with the same Team secondary as the 13's and it's not as good as the aftermarket one you are puchasing to put on your machine. Sorry if I'm way off here, I've always ridden Cats and I am looking at making the switch here for a 2013 so I'm looking to gain as much knowledge as I can before I jump in with both feet. Thanks

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
My 12 163 pro has the Team TSS-04 secondary. The one I'm installing is the Team Tied Roller Secondary. It shifts with twisting causing lower clutch temps and harder acceleration. There was an article in Snowest back in the fall on it and it showed big improvements over the stock TSS-04 clutch in all test times.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Wow!!

Well I tired my sled tonite with the Team Tied Secondary........ in my opinion it it nite and day over stock. My sled pulled good to start with, but now it pulls really hard!! Pin the throttle and it goes to 8200 rpm pretty much instantly, get off and on the throttle and the power is right there all the time!! Can't wait to take it to the mountains to see it work on the hill; I think it takes to sled to the next level and is worth the money in my opinion!!

Premium Features