• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb section needs kotex dispenser!

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I can't believe all the whinning in these proclimb threads. I will start by saying that I am NOT a cat guy, I am pretty hardcore doo. However I have a pretty nuetral opinion and I feel I can call a spade a spade. I personally think that the new cats look good. I am glad that someone finally produced a factory turbo. It was long over due and eventhough its carrying around a few extra pounds, it will fill a much needed niche in the mountain segment. I really hope doo follows suit and we see a turbo 1200 next year.

I see guys carrying on about how the m-8 stayed the same weight and the m1100 is too heavy. People need to be realistic in there expectations. Snowmobile companies are in the business to make money and a 170hp m8 that weighs 400 pounds would cost an arm and a leg to make and cat would loose there shirt with warranty failures. And how long do you guys think a m11 at 475 pounds would last, especially once everyone starts cranking them up past 200hp.

You cat guys should be happy. You got a new chassis, a really strong 800, new drive system, and the first mountain factory turbo. If I were you guys I would be satisfied. I don't think anyone should knock one till they try one. Kotex for all!:face-icon-small-ton

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
you couldn't of said it any better. I'm pulling my hair out now and trying to decided weather i want a T1100 or stick with a solid 800.

Y

YamYboy

Apr 6, 2009
SC Wisconsin
just thought I would chim in, technically, yamaha is the first with factory turbo, 2011 Nytro with a Push turbo or MPI supercharger with warranty. Nut none the less, the m8 and mturbo are pretty sweet

I
Mar 20, 2008
still aftermarket weather they give u warranty or not and still adds to the weight go back to ur yamaha forum

Y

YamYboy

Apr 6, 2009
SC Wisconsin
ha Im actually not a yamaha fan anymore, to heavy for me, I ride a pro assault, but the yamaha push turbo adds max of 10 pounds ( alot of weight is lost from exhaust) and the push turbo is as much of a yamaha upgrade as the m8 is to a m8 snopro. The turbos are bought through yamaha and installed by yamaha dealers.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
come to think about it there is one thing that I would find a little dissapointing the absence of the m6. Unfortunetly that was a epa decision . I can't say that a 540 pound 1110 four stroke would be a sled I would want to stick my wife or a newbie rider on. Unfortunetly the epa regs are forcing the oem's to do away with the good cheap entry level sleds.

Jun 22, 2008
idaho
if they made them lighter and more money then guys would just piss and mone about the price

some people just need to put there big girl panties on and deal with it:face-icon-small-con

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
just thought I would chim in, technically, yamaha is the first with factory turbo, 2011 Nytro with a Push turbo or MPI supercharger with warranty. Nut none the less, the m8 and mturbo are pretty sweet

actualy if you wanna get technical, cat was the first to make a factory turbo, 2004 t660. just my two cents !!!!

Premium Features