• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quit Whining

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
the polaris guys are just bitter that their pro just dropped several thousand dollars in value now that cat has released a trick new chassis! And the good news is that the Cat 800 suzuki motor is bulletproof and proven! Buyers wont have to worry about a crank snapping experimental engine that only makes 140hp and wreck your season because its sitting at the dealer with a gaggle of problems

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Im 130 pounds and Not to brag cause i think it is a character flaw but can throw any sled i have been on around like anyone else. even my old 1m chassis i could hold a carve all day.. you really think that weight isnt a direct advantage being a lighter rider. When i first got a M i pulled it over too far just like a 300 pound rider did.

If you rode with me once you would never say anything about a light rider having a disadvantage anywhere on the mountain..

When jumping my M i cant imagine being 220 and landing a 100+ foot jump... Not saying they wont do it but you know that chassis isnt liking you extra 100 pounds..

I have lost so much respect for people on snowest in the last week, how can you bash a sled pre production. Everyone that has rode it and has real imput says the other manufacters are in trouble yet everyone that seen a picture says omg its so heavy and dogs everythig about it... Buncha posers!

I wont make a judgment till i ride it.. And it will be honest and to the point ill buy a pro his year if i dont like how it test rides..

Thats it...

Till the test ride!

-Aksnopro
Keep eating your burgers its definatly helping your sled from trenching hahaha

Hahaha

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Most sleds at 200-250hp are boosted and make virtually the same hp at 8,000ft as they do at sea level where the 150hp is rated at. I'll tale 200hp at 8,000' over 105hp any day. Now if your offering 200-250 at 8,000' and 460lbs thats a different story. I've had the big hp, heavy sled and lighter is better but not without some jam to push it around.

You have the best of both worlds, TM8 nice sled. I just think throwing around a heaver sled all day is not worth it no matter how much HP you have. JM2C

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Im 130 pounds and Not to brag cause i think it is a character flaw but can throw any sled i have been on around like anyone else. even my old 1m chassis i could hold a carve all day..

You guys miss my point though, what I'm saying is the losing BODY weight & losing SLED weight are very different things.

I don't care how strong you are, being lighter requires more EFFORT to pull the sled over since you can't just throw your weight at it.

OF COURSE, this can be overcome, JUST like people ride yammies well every day, but the physics aren't complicated, or really up for debate. They are what they are.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
last year i weighed around 200lbs,i felt like i was a good rider, very capable.
this past summer i lost 20lbs, and started working out, when i say working out i mean doing about 30 min a day of push ups, situps, working with 20lb free weights. very minimal!!!!!
my sled last year was a stripped down 09m8,slp pipe, bdx intake, all the underhood bs was stripped off it. its pretty light compared to stock.

this year i boosted a 10 m8, it has a cooler and i know its heavier than my 09m8. i would imagine by 30lbs or so
my point is im in better shape and a little lighter, and im throwing my 10 around much easier, without the fatigue i would get over a day of riding last year.
i guess my point is, you can lose a little weight, get in better shape and ride a slightly heavier sled, and still improve your day to day riding.

for what its worth.

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Here's an idea..

Go buy titanium nuts and bolts - replace them with the factory heavies and tahdah! You've lost some weight ;)

Maybe one day one of the four manufacturers will come out with a factory sled where you don't have to do ANY modifications or b*tchn to lose weight, gain HP, etc. But what fun would that be? :loco:

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
For all you weight whiners on here... LOSE SOME WEIGHT... go on a diet! There's half your problem. Sorry for venting but geesaz. It kills me how some riders are all about sled weight but not their own weight. You would be amazed how easier it is to manuever your sled when your in shape and not carrying around that extra cheeseburger and fries in your love handles. :scared:

If it were just an extra cheesburger or fries in my love handles, I would be doing cartwheels!

I get your point though, 26o pound guys complaining about sled weight does not make sense to me, and I am only a biscuit shy of 240 myself :face-icon-small-sho

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
My hubby is 250 and rides a stock '07 m8. He still flies off cliffs and highmarks hills and jumps cornices oh and rides flatlands around home once in awhile jumping and banging ditches. Amazing what cheeseburgers do! I knew McDonalds was targeting snowmobilers!!!

It's all in fun guys! Just be happy that ALL the manufacturers out there are trying to do best with what they got for what we love... they just have their own unique way of doing it and its up to you what your comfortable with ;)

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
My goal is to be down to 80 pounds by the valdez hill climbs this year and run a 1100 turbo m. With a total weight equal to a pro

Rider/sled weight combined that is. Was also thinking about only running 1/4 tank of gas and filling the rest of the tank with helium.

Then what!!!!! Hahaha we need to ride these things!!!!

Premium Features