• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking to test ride a Silber turboed D8 this winter, anyone wanna join for a ride?

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Looking at a Silber turbo for my D8 next winter. But never been on a turbo before. (Stock and big bores only thus far) So I'm really not sure if it's the right way to go for my riding style. So before I get into it I want to ride one and see what it's all about. I don't know anybody with a turboed 2 stroke, so I'm looking to hook up with a willing rider this winter for a trip and hopefully try one out. I would be going with a Silber turbo, so would prefer to try a Silber. But doesn't have to be. If there is anyone willing to join and let me try out your sled it would be great. :) We ride mostly in the Pine Pass area, Some Kakwa and possibly Tumbler this year. Winter's a long way off yet but let me know if you have a turbo D8 that you would be willing to let me try for a bit. I would very much appreciate it.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the interest in my turbo setup. If you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to email or call me.

Justin Silbernagel
320 282 6812

The dragon turbo kits are great performing kits, we have updated them this year with some great changes, including airbox, oil pump and oil tank filler cap.

Also we have some custom clutch weights from team industries that we tested last winter that are availble in this years clutch kit. They let the sleds response great on the bottom end and pull hard on top.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Thanks Justin. I will no doubt be calling you once it gets closer to that time. I would be riding the kit at 1000-2500' 90% of the year. The rest is up around 5000+. So I have questions regarding that. I want to run av gas, no race fuel around here, and I can get 100LL easily. I know you have a low elevation spring that would work. But I want to run more than 3 psi if at all possible. So we'll have some things to talk about. :) I have heard a LOT of good things about your kit and your service, your price is also unbeatable, so it's a no brainer for me.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Yes av gas is a great choice. In your 1000-2500ft levels boost ranges around the 8psi will be very safe and reliable. And around the 10psi range at your higher elevations.

Again please dont hesitate to contact me with any questions, as of the next few weeks iam stuck at home with three broken metatarsals:face-icon-small-dis so im not doing much.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Awesome that sounds good to me. Once I get close to the point of puschasing one I'll give you a call to ask about a few things. But for now I'll leave it at this. Other wise I'll be tempted to buy now already. :)

O my that's no good. What did you do?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Slipped on my running board, sounds retarded but it hurts like crazy. Broke the three middle ones, and the skin tore about 4 inches long on the big toe down to the bone, Iam hoping to be walking in a month.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Just a suggestion; try getting a hold of a polaris dealer that deals with turbos. They will probably have a demo turbo sled you can ride with them sometime. As far as everyday joe's, well I know I wouldn't be inclined to let a stranger ride my baby. Nothing personal but that is probably the general consensus among turbo sled owners, they cost a lot of money and time.

Hope this helps in your search for a demo.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Just a suggestion; try getting a hold of a polaris dealer that deals with turbos. They will probably have a demo turbo sled you can ride with them sometime. As far as everyday joe's, well I know I wouldn't be inclined to let a stranger ride my baby. Nothing personal but that is probably the general consensus among turbo sled owners, they cost a lot of money and time.

Hope this helps in your search for a demo.

Thanks. That's just hard for me to do... I don't have any dealer like that anywhere close around me, and We only make maybe four trips a year where I could try one from a dealer. Just tuff to get it arranged since we don't go to often. But I totally hear what your saying. I am the same way with mine, unless I have ridden with the guy for a while and can see he knows what he is doing. There is now one turbo around and I know the guy a bit, so I'll likely get to try his. If not I'll order one anyway next winter and see what it gives.

Premium Features