• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

team secondary

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Wow, can't say I really like that movement! Free floating on the shaft is one thing, but side to side across the axis of the shaft can't be good. Short term probably not bad, but, long term? Yeah, I'm not sure how to correct that without taking the "float" away.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Thought I would bring this back to the top with an update. Rode 8500-9500 ft. Sled seemed to run spot on at 8100 ish all day long in the powder and 8200-8300 RPM on the trail. Seemed to flash up quick and pull hard. Very happy with trackspeed. Never ever looses RPM while climbing.

Yesturday I ran my 2012 153 with 76.2 grams in the MDS weights and the Polaris Black/Green primary spring (120/340). I was running the 71/55 .46 helix with the Black/Purple spring. I also installed a 20 tooth top gear.

I honestly didn't notice a clutch temperature difference with the 20 tooth. I can tell you I can always touch my clutch and belt without burning my bare hand.

I would like to try the 57 side of the helix and I would also like to try the new .36 helix. But overall I'm very happy with how the sled runs. O and 300 miles on the belt with zero issues and no strings pulled.

Premium Features