• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Beware Jet Chev service dept crooks!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Agreed, about the communication part.
They didn't call ME. I don't know the service dept from Adam. In fact I only took the truck there for 2 reasons.
1. Because it was a convienent spot to take it to. And 2. Because I remember Jet Johnson posts on here a lot and is a fellow snowmobiler. Really only name recognition on that one. (But true)

The guy they called to get the work done is a Project Manager. He runs his projects. I'm a manager too and I run my projects.
He only approved the repairs because he thought I may have turned the truck over to him already because it's going to an engineer I hired for his project.
When I scheduled the work,
I, as in ME, not the other pm said to the service guy " Hi, I'm, xxxxx with xxxx company. I'm bringing my truck in for xxxxx repairs".
He said "great, it's scheduled, please give me your name and number".
I did and said " ok thanks, call me if it needs anything more involved than what I've told you, or when it's done."
He said, "ok Mr. Xxxxx, will do, have a nice day."

This isnt rocket science. Im not even p!ssed he called the other guy about the work. That's 1 or 2 less phone calls in my 80 hour week and one less credit card recepit I need to turn in.
However I know they sold him at least one item of work that did not need to be done, because the power steering Did not leak. That naturally makes me suspect of the other work done without my knowledge.

I expected to have to do my due diligence and wade thru some " we reccomend this, we need to fix that." Truck is 9 years old and over 100kmi on it. I could probably generate an even longer list if I tried hard enough.

Back to my analogy about the plumber. I asked for 3 things to be done. It got 7 things done.

For those saying I'm just complaining when I could be spending the time constructively with the dealer....first, notice when I'm posting. It's been this weekend, I've been 200 mi from home with the family and am now preparing to pull some double shifts on projects in 2 different counties this week.
I spend more money with equipment idle for half a shift than this issue.

M
Oct 27, 2009
interesting

you should probably call dan before you blast the whole dealership on snowest . I worked for jim and dan for 8 years as a service advisor and can tell you first hand that they will bend over back wards to make it rite. if you’ve been done wrong dan will look into it and make it right. blasting them on a community of snowmobilers is shady. and I’m sure most people will agree. seems like you should give him the chance to make it right before you try and persuade people to think they are running a ****ty biz. they haven’t been doing it for 30-40 years cause they suck.

Ducatiracer

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bellingham WA
They have yelp for this ****. Sorry you had a bad experience but how or why you thought you should post it on a sled forum is beyond me. Public shaming is for Yelp, dealer rater or the other 100's of sites...not snowest riding washington forum.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
NOT THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS AT JET

I'm Kind of in shock here, Dang, I really wish you would have called any of us about this.,, I will gladly refund ALL the money and give you all the work for free, not sure why they didn’t call you , strange to me but I'll find out. I can honestly say we are NOT one of those dealerships who up sell items and work that are not needed. Yes we do have recommended services as per GM maintenance schedules. If you think we caused some kind of a leak, I’ll send someone out and pick it up first thing Monday and repair the problem. All I can say is yes once in a while we make a mistake (not on purpose) but will gladly make it right. Call me first thing Monday, I'll be there. I apologize for the incontinence,
Dan

L
Dec 8, 2013
West & East
I'm Kind of in shock here, Dang, I really wish you would have called any of us about this.,, I will gladly refund ALL the money and give you all the work for free, not sure why they didn’t call you , strange to me but I'll find out. I can honestly say we are NOT one of those dealerships who up sell items and work that are not needed. Yes we do have recommended services as per GM maintenance schedules. If you think we caused some kind of a leak, I’ll send someone out and pick it up first thing Monday and repair the problem. All I can say is yes once in a while we make a mistake (not on purpose) but will gladly make it right. Call me first thing Monday, I'll be there. I apologize for the incontinence,
Dan

And this is why i buy Triton trailers from Dan. Its called customer service. Once again Dan, im impressed. This says a lot coming from a diehard ford guy...

Last edited:

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
I have bought Superclamps, guides, wheels/tires and a new Hybrid Triton Trailer from Dan and have always been happy with their service. Glad to see things are getting figured out!

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
this thread is a prime example of no such thing as bad publicity. the guys intent was to discourage people using jet and all its done is make more people want to use them.
I too have bought stuff from Dan, seems plenty reputable to me

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i wouldn't give him a dime back IT'S NOT HIS TRUCK. the work was authorized he's just uopset about them not asking him personally . it is up to the truck owner to decide weather to repair the vehicle . as a mechanic at a gmc dealership for over 20 years ,i've seen this before and the service dept. did nothing wrong ,

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
this whole thread just proves that likely the guy who originally posted it did it in an attempt to start a pointless chit storm on purpose, who knows why. perhaps a professional keyboard jockey?? right off the bat several people responded "did you call the manager"?. this is what common sense would tell most people to do....not go to a snowmobile forum thats completely unrelated to truck repair. think of all the time wasted on this dumb thread, completely unnecessary. A 2 minute phone call would probably would have settled the whole issue. it is good to see his efforts to smear a top notch dealership backfire on him.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
i wouldn't give him a dime back IT'S NOT HIS TRUCK. the work was authorized he's just uopset about them not asking him personally . it is up to the truck owner to decide weather to repair the vehicle . as a mechanic at a gmc dealership for over 20 years ,i've seen this before and the service dept. did nothing wrong ,

I am not backing him, but, I think you need to reread the post. It is his company, a company truck, thus his truck

I am not surprised Dan offered up to pay for everything as he is a stand-up guy. I have purchased decks and SuperClamps from him and he has ALWAYS treated me right. He really should have contacted Dan instead of starting this thread.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
You're right, that wasn't professional, however stand up Dan is, my company got raked for a bunch of extra work period.
I was also well aware that jet/Dan is on here, hard to miss the name, lol!
I know the guy they called to authorize the work and first, he isn't real saavy with vehicles and equipment. And like me, he has many larger issues to deal with, hence he approved the work and went on about his day.

None of this changes the fact that some of the work was not necessary. Period.
We work for a Const Company that does billions a year in volume and has over 1000 light duty vehicles on the road.
I'm sure any/most vendors see this as an opportunity for additional profit/upcharge/upsell and this is exactly what Jet Chev did.
I've come to expect this type of behavior from all vendors if given the opportunity. Jet had the opportunity here and they took advantage of it.

Remember, I said they didn't do anything that wasn't authorized. They just knew they had a cash cow with one of their contacts and they milked it.
if you read at first he refers to it as his company but when you read further it is clear it is a company that he works for .(We work for a Const Company that does billions a year in volume and has over 1000 light duty vehicles on the road. )

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
if you read at first he refers to it as his company but when you read further it is clear it is a company that he works for .(We work for a Const Company that does billions a year in volume and has over 1000 light duty vehicles on the road. )

If that's the case then my bad. Honestly I got tired of reading the rest of his posts, was just regurgitation.

Premium Features