• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt material at top of clutch faces

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
First time ive noticed this but i have belt goo on the top of the clutch sheave. As in at full shift the belt was slipping? Would a secondary maxed out at full shift cause this on the primary? I was noticing more track speed then I ever have that day....

F
Sep 11, 2014
I just posted the same question on the Axys forum earlier this week. Did not really get a very good answer as to what could be causing it. Mine is a 163 Axys - Stock setup except I am running the helix carls recommeneded (42 I think) if not 40, and the bearing they add (whatever that is). I just adjusted my deflection before I rode - riding 6-8k elevation in about 18" of fairly dense powder on top of a good base. Pulled a few big climbs but not that many. Some long sidehills and that was it. Had cleaned my sheaves just before the ride and this is what it looked like at the end of the day.

Still wondering what the possible causes could be. Maybe I f'd up the deflection adj. I basically just broke the jam nut loose and backed the adjuster out 1/2 turn. Locked it back in place and fired it up to make sure the belt was trying to grab at idle - seemed good, did not hear any belt squeaking all day. Long pulls felt good, did not notice any belt fade.

20170211_121203.jpg

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
I actually think I found my problem. I was spraying antifreeze all over the place causing the belt to slip when wide open. Which makes sense why ive been running the same clutching for 5 years and this is the first ive noticed it.

Does yours do this after every ride?

F
Sep 11, 2014
no, it never did it before. I am going to talk to the guys at Carl's today if I can get down there. Good to hear that you got yours figured out.

Premium Features