• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sierra Madres

B
Anyone got any advice, never sledded there b4.

I live near wellington co....is it faster to take north park or go I-80 and then down?

I'm close to you, I live between Wellington and Nunn. I've been thinking of heading over there some day. We always go to the Snowies.

I would imagine if the weather was good, taking I-80 and dropping down would be much faster. But if the wind is blowing (well, blowing harder than usual!) then Poudre Canyon to North Park might be the way to go.

G
Dec 12, 2007
Rawlins, WY
The Sierras are awesome. U won't be disappointed. Lots of boondock'n, trees and and hills. The greatest part is that there are hardly any people. Be careful on the hills there's some good avalanche country over there. I would take the interstate if its not windy. It sounds like its supposed to be a nice weekend though. Good Luck

Albany Mountain

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Albany, Wyoming
I'm close to you, I live between Wellington and Nunn. I've been thinking of heading over there some day. We always go to the Snowies.

I would imagine if the weather was good, taking I-80 and dropping down would be much faster. But if the wind is blowing (well, blowing harder than usual!) then Poudre Canyon to North Park might be the way to go.

When you pass through Laramie (either via 287 or I-80), Highway 230 to Encampment may be an alternative as well.

Premium Features