• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PULL START GETS STUCK??

S
Nov 5, 2014
Denver, CO
so i was out riding last weekend and the pull cord was not going back into the sled easily. one time it would not start and the cord would take about 5-7 minutes to retract itself, i finally just let it sit and cool down and then restarted it. it happens at weird times, but never on the first pull of the day, it always starts right up when cold and the cord always retracts. any info? or should i just drop off at dealer and have them look at it, i dont want it to sit there while i lose riding time.

thanks for the help fellas

sledMXer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Helena, MT
I'm having similar issues on my 14 X. It seems to be when it's warmed up that the cord is slow to retract. It doesn't always do it, and mine's not as bad as yours. It will go back in all the way, but slowly. Sometimes the handle hangs out 6-8 inches and won't go back in all the way. It has always gone in enough for me to start it, but it still isn't right. I plan on taking mine in to have the dealer correct it for me under warranty.

sledMXer

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Aww danget now the pull cords dont work? My 13 x the e start button would always get stuck, and needed to be banged on to get to work, was planning on ordering my next as a pullstart.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Super common, warranty, mine is doing it now. They have been doing this since the plastic one came out in 2000 or so.
Why BRP can build jets, high tec engines., etc, yet cannot make a recoil that works is beyond me.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i had the same issue. here is my topic i started http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387266 . when this happened to me up on the mountain, i beat the hell out of the recoil cover and it let loose. i have not had an issue with it since. some say to take it apart and clean it out. do as you please, im sure each situation is different. but a little redneck engineering got mine working and no problems since

Premium Features