• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 engine issues

S
Oct 23, 2010
Today I was riding and I herd a noise sounded like a penny In a dryer or something like that so I stopped to check my clutches make sure all was good then as I was spinning my primary clutch it seized up making a metal on metal noise so I assumed engine was blown so we take the belt off to tow it out and when I flipped the sled over to its side to pull belt I checked the clutch again and when I spun it,it freed up Spun around no troubles so then I said ok weird I'll drive it out put it together went to start it and it wouldn't pull over so back on its side and tried again and it spun so I started it up on it's side and it ran fine but something did spray out of the exhaust pipe little tiny specs.... Then I drove the sled out to the truck about 40 km and it never missed a beat so I have no idea what's going on with it I checked compression and I got 125 clutch side and 110 on exhaust side .... I did the test warm and cold so any idea of what it may be? I checked plugs they look good no debris

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
my 900 mt cat locked up on me. Climbed hill, turned off, rolled over, locked up. Wouldn't pull over. Wouldn't start. Towed it in. Tore it down. Ended up being a small screw had wedged itself between the primary and the block and locked the whole thing up. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Prob not what happened to you but couldn't hurt to check for something like that.

jrnbrg

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2008
Norway
Es

Do you have electric start on your sled?
A friend of me had some trouble with his es gear on a 13, it locked up the whole engine..

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
$#ity luck Snowman
I do love this game tho.
Im going with he hooked a ring.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I locked up a main bearing in my 13 still trying to figure out what caused it. Running 40:1 premix and egt's where at 1100°. Got the motor at the dealer waiting for warranty I need a crank 2 jugs pistons and a head

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
Oil delete

I think oil delete would only be problem if it was lack of oil failure . Which would be about same if you did not fill tank or did not premix gas .

Premium Features