• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PEM Hyperlite Secondary Roller Clutch POLARIS ARCTIC CAT

X
Dec 11, 2011
For Sale:

BRAND NEW, Performance Engineering and Machine "Hyper-Lite" Secondary Roller Clutch. Fits Polaris keyed-jackshafts (and possibly then also Arctic Cat?).

I originally purchased this in 2005 for usage on my Polaris ProX, however time and winter-trips (or lack thereof) meant that I never once had a chance to try this out. I've finally given-up the hopes of ever having the time for sledding again, so here it is for sale.

I'm sure if you're looking at this thread, then you already know how incredible the Hyperlite driven clutch is, hence the reason why I purchased one in the first place.

-------

Everything you see is included:

Brand New, complete and assembled PEM Hyperlite Clutch
- Cutler Blue/White spring
- PEM-16 helix (55/49 helix)
- Clutch has only been trial-fit onto the sled to be sure it would fit, and nothing more! --0-- MILES!

Spare inner-sheave, built by Hymark860 here on Snowest.com
- Brand-new and never installed
- A direct replacement for the PEM piece, improved and strengthened.
- Purchased after hearing of some people developing cracks on the PEM-sheave over the course of longterm- & hard usage.
- Hymark's sheave spreads the machined "grooves" for a much beefier and proven fix. (Look at all of the stellar reviews of his product on Snowest).

Spare HPE Helix, 54/46, Brand-new.

Cutler Black Spring, to be used with the 54/46 Helix, Brand-new.

NEW PEM Adjustment-tool
- Adjusts belt-deflection

-------

I will reassemble the HL clutch for shipment - after my original purchase I removed the helix-cover to allow the spring to relax for longterm storage, as I do with all of my clutches after each and every winter. With this HL, I disassembled the cover and its been in storage ever since....

My original purchase costs:
- PEM Hyperlite Clutch, with installed helix and spring: $470. ($450+shipping)
- Spare Hymark860 Sheave: $245. ($225+shipping)
- HPE Helix: $55. ($47+shipping)
- Cutler Driven Spring: $30. ($25+shipping)
- PEM Adjustment Tool: $25.

My total investment was: $825.00!

ALL OF THIS IS YOURS FOR $600.00 SHIPPED, Cont-48. Canada extra. My loss is your incredible gain!

EMAIL ME: xc600syclone(at)sbcglobal.net

Check/MO or Paypal +3%. Local pickup in SE Michigan is WELCOME!!!

full_kit.jpg both_clutches.JPG PEM_16_installed_helix.JPG pem_clutch.JPG PEM_adjustment_tool.JPG spare_sheave_2.jpg PEM_and_spare_sheave_rib_compare.JPG

Last edited:

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
That is an awesome clutch. I had one on my 04 rev and it was night and day. Easy to tune and great backshifting and upshifting. By far the best mod I have ever bought for any sled..period. Really too bad that this guy went out of business. You should have no trouble selling this thing.

Can it be made to fit an 09 ski doo.

X
Dec 11, 2011
It takes Culter / Cat and many other springs, and accepts Cutler, Cat, HPE and other helixes.

Beyond the spare sheave (provided, as a just-in-case), there isn't anything else you'd need to buy ever. AFAIK, nothing else has ever failed on these awesome clutches.....and as Hymark did, he resolved the possible sheave-issue if the original piece is subjected to heavy abuse.

Premium Features