• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn/King Cat pics... who's got the best looking sled?

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
WAY TO REVIVE MY OLD THREAD!!!! (forgot all about it now that my "wrecked out" cat (see previous pics!) is back together and on the snow!)

100_0458.jpg

100_0464.jpg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I'll throw mine in there. It isn't QUITE done yet, I was going to put a 162x16x2.5 Extreme in there, but looks like it won't happen. I tend to like projects and this one is about done, it may be up for sale tomorrow, depends on what happens with another rig in the next few hours. :)

IMG_6465.JPG IMG_6462.jpg IMG_6468.jpg IMG_6470.JPG IMG_6471.JPG IMG_6472.JPG IMG_6466.JPG

snailbait

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Utah
Devil....
Is that a cutler's 1150 ? Sled looks clean and tight! Nice job.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It's a Cutler 1000. Thanks! Just bought a nice M7, so it is looking like the King Kitty is going away. Kills me, I just finished the Float skid install, have one ride on it. Motor has 200 miles or so.
I just can't leave well enough alone, lol.

snailbait

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Utah
LOL....man, do I know that! Just put an 09 suspension and 153 PC on. New powervalve cables, new boss seat, etc, etc.
Never ending!

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
CLEAN sled "Devil"!... A lil' depressed though, I thought I was the "visionary pioneer" with my seat and tank combo! Have any pics of how you mounted the front end of the tank? Wanna compare it to how I did... you may have improved it? Just curious...

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
How do these tanks mount up? Looks like they are a clean install matching the hood opening around the tank? Nice job? Also what did you use for the side grill replacement above the feet?

Thanks Mike

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Powder, you were, I stole your idea from your pics. :)
It mounts like the stock tank, I made brackets on the steering hoop that the tank slides into, then bolts down in the rear. Other than the fab time for that, it was relatively easy to get on there.
The trim part was a pain in the arse. I bought an old console off a Dragon/IQ or something, from someone on here. In my head it was going to work, then when I got it on it wasn't going to work at all. Then I had the idea to cut and heat/bend/form the console to the shape it is in now. I used a console that already had some holes in it, if I were too worried about it I would get a new console and redo it, but it works. Nice and slim, I like the seat except it is slicker than snot when a little snow gets on it. Oh, had to shorten the rear bracket also, to fit the kickup on the tunnel, I didn't want the seat getting taller as I slid back.
Mike, those are the stock grills, with that waterproof fabric stuff on them. I got tired of loosing them, so bought a set on Ebay, covered them with fabric, used hot-glue to attach on the back (worked great), then installed them and used the self-tapping torx screws that are all over Cats to make sure they never come out again. The Poo console is trimmed to fit in behind the Cat side pullstart console and the hood on the left.
Chris

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
i have a few of them one has 890 psi on a 700 bottom end 150x16x2.5 track and a holz front end with floats and the other is a 1000 will full holz suspension and a 156x2.5 mountain fit hood

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I had never seen a cat with a Pol seat on it before, now I've seen TWO. And BOTH are 1M chassis. Cool instals. Looks good.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Not a whole lot of choices for seats for our sleds. I had a new Boss here, but never even installed it, I couldn't stand all the zippers and the fact that anyone could just pull it off the sled with the snaps and velcro. I didn't see $400 sitting there, it drove me nuts. I don't like those silly looking freestyley motocross seats either, I actually sit down at times, lol. I really like the Poo style seats.

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Powder, you were, I stole your idea from your pics. :).....

....The trim part was a pain in the arse. I bought an old console off a Dragon/IQ or something, from someone on here. In my head it was going to work, then when I got it on it wasn't going to work at all.

Well.... im feelin a lil' more "pioneering" today!!!:cheer2: Your comments on the tank cover are RIGHT ON!:lol: I kinda "held it up there" when I bought the seat and tank... came to the same conclusion as you and said "fawk it".:face-icon-small-sho Was gonna shorten up the rear bracket as well... but when I tried it out, I kinda like the rear angled up. It naturallykeeps me slid up a lil' in a "rider-forward" position. And when I do sit... im up a lil' higher. Problem has been... something has enough room to move allowing the front seat bracket to "unhook" from the tank. But its all so tight that I gotta unbolt everything on the snow to re-attach it. Been pushing and pulling on it the last 3 rides... CANT FIND PLAY ANYWHERE!.... then, just randomly... the seat comes un hooked.:face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features