• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<< MASSIVE UPGRADE to the SnoWest Forums coming >>

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As some of you may have noticed, things got a little weird all of a sudden with Images here on SnoWest. That is the direct result of our having upgraded some of the internal support software that powers the site and our 10 year old code from 2008 NOT being fully compatible with the upgrade.

While I had hoped to not make this announcement for 2 more weeks, the cat is out of the bag and I think its time to let everyone know whats going on
face-icon-small-happy.gif

After 10 years, its time to completely totally overhaul SnoWest, from top to bottom. In a couple of weeks you will have a BRAND NEW FORUM with utterly modern software. New Interface, New Look/Feel, New Features, Full Mobile support, Dedicated Phone App, Social Media Interfaces, Ect.. Pretty much everything you have been asking for over the past couple years...

After months of quiet work in the background slowly building an entirely new SnoWest platform we upgraded the PHP Hypertext Processor 2 days ago for the new forums on the same physical server that the current one is running on. Unfortunately, the old 2008 vBulletin Software was NOT happy about this and started having issues with displaying images. For better or for worse, this is a ONE WAY upgrade that we can't back out of while prepping the new forums for launch in a couple weeks. So, now I have to beg your indulgence as we press ahead as fast as we can to get the new forums operational enough to roll over to and solve this problem.

Rather than presenting you with a fully finished forum with 100% of the goodies installed, tested and running, it looks like we will roll out the CORE features with all of the content of the current forums imported into them, and then roll out new features week by week until everything is fully installed and configured.

My goal today is to flip the switch on or about October 1st. If we can do it any faster than that we will.

Now I KNOW everyone is going to want to know DETAILS about whats coming, but you're just going to have to be patient for a bit longer before I can roll out everything you want to know. More than anything else, our goal is for the new forums to be SIGNIFICANTLY more friendly to use, and to support and interface with everything out there on the internet today.

=====

UPDATE OCTOBER 18th.

All of our LIFETIME MEMBERS received an Invitation to come and begin exploring the new forums this morning as part of our Testing and Debugging prior to the upcoming Rollover!

Last edited:

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
please put in a function for classic look of the website, for those of us that don't care about the latest and greatest, and just don't want to learn a new forum. please and thank you. Ski

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
please put in a function for classic look of the website, for those of us that don't care about the latest and greatest, and just don't want to learn a new forum. please and thank you. Ski

Sorry, but we Won't be able to do that my friend.
We are moving away from vBulletin and onto an entirely new modern platform.

W
Nov 10, 2010
Paying for any forum is a ****ing joke and people that do are suckers. Getting spammed with someones magic diet bull**** is what made me realize how crappy this forum is. I read and post for free. Could care less what happens past the magic post count. Can someone please justify why you spend money to be on this dumpster fire of a forum?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I enjoy this forum.
Having a small fee weeds out most of the zombies that u see on free Facebook..
That magic post count is, well..... where the magic starts...

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Paying for any forum is a ****ing joke and people that do are suckers. Getting spammed with someones magic diet bull**** is what made me realize how crappy this forum is. I read and post for free. Could care less what happens past the magic post count. Can someone please justify why you spend money to be on this dumpster fire of a forum?

I take it you haven't read into what comes with being a premium member? In all honesty I have paid to be a premium member on a few forums and the price has always proved to be rewarding. Ex.) Premium members have access to a chatbox that allows you to talk with any other premium member in real time. I have gained many friends out west because of this feature and am still gaining friends to ride with.

The weight so called scam is a real business that honestly works. I joined "The Scam" and have lost quite a bit of weight to where I have buy new gear for this season.

So before you start jumping and giving your 2 cents about whatever, make sure you do your homework first because the more you complain the more you look cry baby B!tch!

picture.php

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

LOL, go back to facebook. Like mentioned above it is free and there is lots of good content :face-icon-small-dis

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN

Crappy forum.......yet here you still are..........

Please share more of your wisdom, its entertaining!

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
I could sure use a "HAHA" button right about now!! :lol:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Did I miss something? Is there not going to be the option for free access anymore?

Premium Features