• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody got an Axys with a motor full of mixed oil overflowing into t-bodies?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Bought a '18 Axys for the wife near the end of the season and she rode it once. Walked into the garage the other day and there's an oily mix (huge mess) that appears to be pouring out of the airbox seep hole and has filled the bulkhead and leaked onto the floor.

And no this isn't the exhaust valve solenoid vent tube puke of the yesteryears.

I haven't torn into it yet but I am thinking one of the oil line injection valves is stuck open and with a real vented oil cap, the oil from the tank is overfilling the motor and running out the reeds/throttle bodies/airbox?

Anybody else have this or hear of this?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Interesting, has the sled been sitting flat or tilted like on a track stand? Is oil pooled up in the bottom of the crank too? Let us know what you find.
On a side note Dave, why isn't her lower A-arm bent? She's had one ride on it and the internet says it should be bent already lol.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Interesting, has the sled been sitting flat or tilted like on a track stand? Is oil pooled up in the bottom of the crank too? Let us know what you find.
On a side note Dave, why isn't her lower A-arm bent? She's had one ride on it and the internet says it should be bent already lol.

It's still in in its break-in pre-bent shape, a temporary phenomenon.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Haha no kidding eh? Probably not bent because I bought her a set of spares and because I didn't ride it.

Sled's been sitting on the garage floor. I will report back after I tear into it. It has stopped going down since I capped the vent in the cap.

Premium Features