• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Some Front End Help on 2004 Pro-X

N
Dec 30, 2012
Northwest Montana
I have a 2004 Polaris Pro-x sled. Installed is VanAmberg tunnel, custom Edge rear suspension with Ride-EFX shocks, 162x15x2.5 track SLP Powder Pro skis, etc. My problem is that the front end or skis seem to be hunting and not tracking very well. Seems like the skis are not digging into the snow very well. So the question is how can I get more weight transferred to the front skis? Set the front shocks to the lightest setting and ?
Thanks for your replies.
juggle.gif

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Sounds like a pretty cool sled. You should post up some pics.

Is this happening mostly on the trail? The ski width of the Edge chassis was pretty common and not unusual for it to follow other tracks.

That being said I would check the usual suspects, ski alignment, toe out and camber. As for more ski pressure you might actually try pre-loading the front ski springs more. Keep in mind that this is all a balancing act. Adding more pressure can make it harder to roll over as well. If you have removed your sway bar this may be a non-issue anyway.

I'm not sure what your rear suspension is like. You might want to check where your limiter straps are positioned. The higher up they are positioned the more ski pressure you will have.

I'm sure you're going to have a some trial and error with that setup, but I hope I gave you a few ideas anyway.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Tighten up the front limiter straps to put more pressure on the skis, and reduce powder performance.

Premium Features