• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Harvey & Irma - 75 years

//www.snowest.com//www.snowest.com/uploads/Screenshot_2017-09-08-09-08-34.png
My wife sent me this & I got a kick out of it. Maybe she & I will have hurricanes named after us in another 60 years. Though, probably not because the naming system goes alphabetically, switching genders each letter. I'm a B & she's an L, so it would have to be seperate years.

J
Jan 15, 2010
With this kind of thinking the left will save our planet.

Yes, this is the level of stupid on that side.

Actually the real level of stupid is you thinking that's a real photo and not staged to further someone's agenda... the plug in Prius has a gas engine as well as a battery, it can be plugged in and then used in EV mode for short distances, if the battery quits the gas engine runs and charges it.

Last edited:

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
Coal, NG and maybe hydro. EVERYTHING else is a waste of taxpayer $$$ until the aliens decide to help us out!:face-icon-small-win

J
Jan 15, 2010
You do realize that just having that knowledge makes you just a little bit odd, right?

Yea, knowing about new technology sure is dumb. Guess everyone should just drive suburbans and burn coal... oh yea, my sister has a plug in Prius, loves it. 54 mpg on a long trip, powered by the solar panels on the roof of her house for short ones.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
You do realize that just having that knowledge makes you just a little bit odd, right?
The Prius has actually been a really interesting car in a lot of ways over the years. It showed people that a hybrid could be real-world useable and reliable, that the batteries can last as long as most other automotive components, and that the car gets better with every jump in battery tech. Strangely enough, it's quite an iconic car. I remember working for toyota when they first came out...I don't think the staff, or the clients were ever more interested to drive a car...it was lots of fun and really felt like you had this thing from the future. Would I own one? No, it doesn't fit our needs for ground clearance and 4wd, plus I'm always a step behind on auto tech (and kinda like it that way)....but it's a neat car in its own right, and has definetly been a pioneer of sorts. Like said above, the picture doesn't make any sense as the Prius is totally self contained given it has gas in it.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Oh my goodness!
Do you guys get some knitting done while you have your tea and crumpets? :-D

J
Jan 15, 2010
Oh my goodness!
Do you guys get some knitting done while you have your tea and crumpets? :-D

'Murica really is doomed... with that attitude the rest of the world is gonna go flying by and leave you choking on coal smog and spending $150 per fill up for your bigly wonderful SUVs.

Lemme guess, you probably think E-Tec's aren't manly either...

Last edited:
F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
I have done work on cabins/homes that had solar power along with lpg. I say if there is a potential power source why not use it. It seemed to work just fine once set up. Propaganda from those who will or will not benefit from something , regardless of what it is, will always skew the facts.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I have done work on cabins/homes that had solar power along with lpg. I say if there is a potential power source why not use it. It seemed to work just fine once set up. Propaganda from those who will or will not benefit from something , regardless of what it is, will always skew the facts.

I'm all for anything that can be utilized.
There are places where EVERY source shines, including coal.
To think coal is on it's way out is extremely naive.

J
Jan 15, 2010
I'm all for anything that can be utilized.
There are places where EVERY source shines, including coal.
To think coal is on it's way out is extremely naive.

Coal is absolutely on its way out. Cheap natural gas is taking care of that. Free market, eh? that you believe that it'll come back just cause of Donny is a joke

J
Jan 15, 2010
Our great President Trump didn't save coal, it was never dying.
In the big picture it was never dying.

In 2006 coal produced 50% of electricity in the us, natural gas 20%. In 2016 natural gas produced 35% and coal just under 30%. That's a pretty big drop in 10 yrs no matter how you spin it.

If it was never dying then why did all y'all trumpies love it soooo much when he said he was bringing back coal?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Coal is absolutely on its way out. Cheap natural gas is taking care of that. Free market, eh? that you believe that it'll come back just cause of Donny is a joke

Maybe in your myopia; But in a lot of locations NG not "cheap" at any price, it is not even available, nor is it cost effective to pipe / truck in. I still have a coal stove in my house and use it all winter long as a supplemental heat source. As we still have numerous active coal mines here in Alaska.

Your Majijuana crop is asking for more tires be burnt so they can grow, toss some coal on there too as the frost is coming!

Natural Gas is not the magic bullet, it will run out before oil does. In a lot of oil fields, it is compressed and re-injected into the ground as a "propellent" to help lift the oil out. When oil and NG reserves run low or are depleted we will revert to coal and other means to sustain life.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Maybe in your myopia; But in a lot of locations NG not "cheap" at any price, it is not even available, nor is it cost effective to pipe / truck in. I still have a coal stove in my house and use it all winter long as a supplemental heat source. As we still have numerous active coal mines here in Alaska.

Your Majijuana crop is asking for more tires be burnt so they can grow, toss some coal on there too as the frost is coming!

Natural Gas is not the magic bullet, it will run out before oil does. In a lot of oil fields, it is compressed and re-injected into the ground as a "propellent" to help lift the oil out. When oil and NG reserves run low or are depleted we will revert to coal and other means to sustain life.

But that's not what CNN and msnbc says!

J
Jan 15, 2010

You are awesome-"coal has dropped from 50% market share to 30% in 10 yrs... but I have a coal stove in my house so it isn't being phased out". Did Donny write that for ya? I bet it's nice breathing all that coal smoke in the winter, sure smells good, bet your neighbors love it too.

Coal is gonna run out too one day, I sure hope that reverting to it isn't the only plan cause that's wonderfully short sighted.

Premium Features