• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

summitX Highmark track and skid questions??

Jan 22, 2011
I have a 2001 Summit X Highmark 800 its a 151. How big of a lug can you fit under that stock. And if you drop and roll the chain case how big can you fit??

That being said. I want to drop and roll mine and extend it to a 159 or around there. Can you fit a 16in wide track on there. Is there a better skid I can run under there??? I know 03 highmarks were a 159" I'm willing to spend the money on the rear i've already to alot into the engine!!! :))

Last edited:
R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
I have a 2001 Summit X Highmark 800 its a 151. How big of a lug can you fit under that stock. And if you drop and roll the chain case how big can you fit??

That being said. I want to drop and roll mine and extend it to a 159 or around there. Can you fit a 16in wide track on there. Is there a better skid I can run under there??? I know 03 highmarks were a 159" I'm willing to spend the money on the rear i've already to alot into the engine!!! :))

I put a 2-1/8" x 159 on my 03 800 with no trouble .

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
I have an '01 Summit with a 153x2.25 3" pitch with 7 tooth drivers and a drop and roll. I have plenty of room between the front cooler and track for a 2.5". I can't confirm on the tunnel clearance under the seat because I have a Van Amburg tunnel which is deeper than the stocker.

Ski Doo6.jpg Ski Doo4.jpg Ski Doo1.jpg

sledr4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I notice the center idlers are gone in the tunnel as well. How tight are you running your track?

Just curious as I just installed 8 tooth extroverts and am trying to decide on how loose it can be or how much sag from the rail to the track when in the air.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
I notice the center idlers are gone in the tunnel as well. How tight are you running your track?

Just curious as I just installed 8 tooth extroverts and am trying to decide on how loose it can be or how much sag from the rail to the track when in the air.

I'm running my track as loose as possible. I canpull the suspension out with out loosing the back wheels. Will have to pick ie up and measure. By the way I'm running a 159 track.

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
I have an '01 Summit with a 153x2.25 3" pitch with 7 tooth drivers and a drop and roll. I have plenty of room between the front cooler and track for a 2.5". I can't confirm on the tunnel clearance under the seat because I have a Van Amburg tunnel which is deeper than the stocker.

Not to get off topic here, but do you have any idea how to tell a Van Amburg tunnel from a Fabcraft? When I bought my sled the seller told me it had a Fabcraft, but when I look at the pic of yours, I'm wondering if it is a Van Amburg.

01 summit 800 2.jpg

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
MtnRidr4Life

The gas can is off a Polaris Edge chassis (RMK). I fashioned up some mounts out of some angle aluminum that I had. It works really well.

You also have a VanAmburg tunnel. It looks almost exactly like mine except you have running board coolers.

wreckmaster

kevinhoglund

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stanwood, Wa
Not to get off topic here, but do you have any idea how to tell a Van Amburg tunnel from a Fabcraft? When I bought my sled the seller told me it had a Fabcraft, but when I look at the pic of yours, I'm wondering if it is a Van Amburg.
That looks like a Van Amberg tunnel to me.

S
can pull/relocate your stock rear skid back to the '03 tunnel mounting dimensions and run a 2 1/8" x 159" no prob and improve the approach angle by a ton + could also go to a 16" wide track while you're at it with a little careful measuring/spaceing @ the "new" taller rear drop brackets that you'll need and using the chaincase bolt relocation parts from the early rev machines (or a grade 5 or better carriage bolt in the factory hole) plus some minor creative rivet massageing...

Premium Features