• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keweenaw Trail Conditions

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Got over a foot in twin lakes area and its currently snowing at about an inch an hour. I think the snow is here to stay as we have continued snow in the forecast. I am gonna make the maiden voyage here to make sure the m8 is running correctly and ready to go. If anyone is interested please hit me up. I have no job in the winter so my schedule is wide open and I can accommodate anyone's schedule. Pow pow pow pow pow pow pow!!!!!! Bammmmmmmm

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
South range.. Absolutely no base though. Probably should wait a couple and let this consolidate. But if you just needed to make sure your machine was operating correctly you could prob make that happen...

S

skidud

Nov 27, 2007
UP Snowmobiling

Keep us posted on conditions. Especially early, as we are anxious to come but don't want to tear up new equipment.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
It has been years since my collage days riding up there, still the same sign hanging there.
Say Ya to da UP.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
More snow today.. We are supposed to warm up for a day or two this week so that could actually help us a lot. IF We get a nice consolidation and the next storm as predicted we could be right into the swing of things. Still wait before heading up we need just a bit more time and staying away from the trails until the end of deer season is a good idea:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Back to square one.. Almost all snow has been depleted. We are not gonna be riding for awhile.:face-icon-small-sad.. We will start to see a good trend come Sunday and that's the best news I have

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
So still no sledding its white and maybe sometime near or after Xmas we will be riding.. I miht make a quick trip west before Xmas but we will see.. On another not i have access to a few mountain sleds for sale in the u.p.. The list is below. I wouldn't normally post this in state thing but we all know how hard it is to find good used mountain sleds in the east and people from the west just don't understand that they are a smudge more expensive here..."we" have;

07 m8 141, 400 miles, reverse, wrp running boards, 3" riser",attack 20, boss seat from hcr, frog skinz, timbersled intake, basically new....$5800
07 m8 153, 3000 miles, shorty seat, reverse, frog skins, new hood, newer track, wrp running boards,riser in good condition... $4500
06 m7 153, 4000 miles, less than 500 miles on a brand new skid, newer clutch, diamond drive and power valve just done, frog skins, better boards. Will work a trade for 09' or newer crossfire 141"....$3750 cash price

Sorry for the shameless post..

Last edited:
M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
So still no sledding its white and maybe sometime near or after Xmas we will be riding.. I miht make a quick trip west before Xmas but we will see.. On another not i have access to a few mountain sleds for sale in the u.p.. The list is below. I wouldn't normally post this in state thing but we all know how hard it is to find good used mountain sleds in the east and people from the west just don't understand that they are a smudge more expensive here..."we" have;

07 m8 141, 400 miles, reverse, wrp running boards, 3" riser",attack 20, boss seat from hcr, frog skinz, timbersled intake, basically new....$5500
07 m8 153, 3000 miles, shorty seat, reverse, frog skins, wrp running boards,riser in good condition... $4600
06 m7 153, 4000 miles, less than 500 miles on a brand new skid, newer clutch, diamond drive and power valve just done, frog skins, better boards. Will work a trade for 09' or newer crossfire 141"....$4000 cash price

Sorry for the shameless post..

M8 400 miles

Last edited:
C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
mthoodskiguy - You say pow days are here....Can you elaborate on that? Maybe tell me that there is plenty of snow to hit the woods? Just some wishful thinking on my part. Headed to Houghton area Jan 13 so I am hoping you guys are going to start getting that LES machine fired up

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
mthoodskiguy - You say pow days are here....Can you elaborate on that? Maybe tell me that there is plenty of snow to hit the woods? Just some wishful thinking on my part. Headed to Houghton area Jan 13 so I am hoping you guys are going to start getting that LES machine fired up

I meant to say I wish pow days were here.. You should be good for your trip though..:sorry:

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Fingers crossed

It's snowing at a good clip. I think we might not get as much as some if the places west of us but the snow is flying and we have prob picked up 3" since this morning. I did some setup work today and was able to putt around south range a bit so I guess that's good. :face-icon-small-dis

So I do think we will be able ride some trails by Sunday but going off of them will NOT be advisable. I will prob try and cruise up to the mosquito for dinner or something on Sunday just cUz. My house is right at the end of the Freda trail by the dam so its a real nice cruise out there..

Premium Features