• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 MM 700?

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I could have the chance to buy a 99 MM 700, has triple pipes, and that's about all I know about it. Has the red seat and black hood. Could anybody tell me about these things? I've never had a Yamaha, (Polaris man myself,) but I have had a few Polaris triples, and still have one, as well as a twin. Anyhow, I've heard that the rear suspension in these sleds is part of the reason they don't perform so well in the deep as compared to similar year sleds, is this true? Also, I've heard they are bullet proof, but really heavy.. But no heavier then my triple right? What would be a good price for this sled? I think it has just over 3000 miles, maybe 3200..
Thanks for your input!

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Use the search feature and you will find all of your answers.

I had a 99 Mtn Max 700 and still miss it. One of the best sleds that I ever owned. It takes some work but they can be a great sleds with a bullet proof motor that will last YEARS.

S
Mar 8, 2011
ONE GOOD SLED!!

Ive had two mt max and they are die hard sleds! Get on hartmaninc.com he will set you up with the best running mt max! He has all the stuff to make it a high marker!! You won't be disapointed in a mt max!

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
value

We need to know if it is a stock sled or if it is modded, and what mods were done to give you a value. I think these are great sleds and will give you the most bang for the buck.

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
I wouldn't pay over $1200 or so assuming it checks out mechanically and won't need much more than the windshield, seat cover (looks weathered) and coolant overflow bottle cap. Look over the primary clutch closely as they are known to crack.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Yea, the seat's minorily sun faded, and you are correct with the windshield, as well as a coolant cap. Another question, I've never heard of the name Performance Incorporated like on those pipes?? Could anybody tell me about them?

Last edited:

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Power inc. made pipes for the yamahas back in the day. Never used them myself, but those look like end dumps (other ones were center dump) and tend to make good power although they are known to be on the loud side. They don't make pipes anymore. At one point they were the provider of the GYT pipes which was essentially the same as a factory option.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
I think everybody thinks about the same, $1000- 1500. Try for $800-1000 and work up from there. i have a similar 99 MM, and i have the Factory Race Pipes which look like they were made by that manufacturer, mine have no markings but they look similar. They make great power but you will be the loudest in town.... If you get in a pinch, you could part it out for way more than that. i have sold off all my stock parts to offset costs of modding, was suprised at what some of it was worth.

M
Oct 31, 2008
Spokane, wa
Its a great sled i owned one a couple years ago. These sleds are very tough and will take a beating. I also wouldnt pay more then $1500 for it. For $3,000 or so you can get a pretty nice cat m7. That just my opinion!

Premium Features