• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do I need new Drivers when going to 16" track

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I have a 2002 Summit Highmark X with a 151 track. I am going to put a 16"x151 challenger lite track from a 2007 XRS summit. Now the track I have has six rows of drive lugs on the track and the one I am putting on only has four rows the outside two sets that run on bolth sides of the slide rails. The question that I am asking is will I be alright with the drivers that I had or will I have to go to no slip drivers. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did. Anything else I should know before I do this. I plan on moving the back of the suspension down to the bottom hole, or will I benifit from getting drop brackets from timbersled with more drop. Hope someone can help. thanks

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Sounds like your going to need new drivers. Your going to have to remove the two inner drivers no matter what. By the time you press those off there pretty much trashed. I would get some new extrovert drivers. You might need to drop a tooth on the drivers to make room for the taller lugs. Mark the center line of the shaft. I'll will help allign the new ones when you go to press them on.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
You'd be better off ditching the stock lug drivers and slide on a set of extros.
On your suspension, if you go with a long drop bracket, you may find you've lost weight transfer and your skis stay stuck to the ground, if that happens, drop the front arm mounting point down. I went with 5.5" rear drop brackets and had to move the front skid arm mounting hole down to within an inch of the bottom of the tunnel to get my transfer back, worked great though, lots more tunnnel clearance

Sled 039.jpg Sled 050.JPG wildchild drop bracket1.JPG Sled 047.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features