• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

the ol 99 xc 700 to farm custom

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
Hey Guys,

This thread was kind of X2freeride's and my idea to bring the whole snowest community together to show the custom builds from start to finish...
I think this will work in many advantages by showing and helping each other come together in the way that many has said was lost with the new snowest..

so here we go.

i had a 99 xc 700 i first started by putting a 144x2 ported track on.

Then my wife rode it and a couple of friends, was that a mistake!!! No one liked riding it so after trying to sell locally and on here for a cheep price, no one wanted the old thing...

Next and better idea i buy a 98 rmk bulkhead and tunnel with front susp. and strip off all the powder coating i can...By the way Jasco paint stripper and a preasure washer is the best way i have found to get it off...

Then i get this great idea lets make a custom tunnel from my fab shop at work...so here we go i will try to post all the pics i can and what i am doing and asking for some friendly input i hope...

First a couple of the pics before i tore it down

thank you snowest and christopher for listening to us...

SANY0155.jpg SANY0156.jpg SANY0157.jpg

Last edited:

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
tunnel design

So here are a few pics of the tunnel i have designed and had cut out on the router table at work. wow those machines are sweet...then it went to the brake..and walla with in 3 days i had my tunnel.

I will get pics of the cardboard template and print that was used from my company...

I used 3001-026 5052-.125 alum...i did this for the fact i will not have to use upper tunnel stiffners.

I bought and am using the rail extrusions from a cat m w/162...i like the grip they have but i don't think my bibs will like them when i fall off..

Now i am down to the foot boards, i will have something done i hope soon to keep going on this to get to the toe holds..

DSCF3323.jpg DSCF3324.jpg DSCF3325.jpg DSCF3328.jpg

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Looks good. I need to get off my @$$ and order my tubing. Its just too nice out, I get caught up in summer projects.

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
cold beer...

NO MATT!!!

The stickers keep the keg in that one cooler and the one to right has none yet, but soon it will and that will keep all the beer cans cold!!!

gotta have beer when building a farm redneck sled!!!!

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
D-n-R

Give me a couple weeks and I should have some time to do your Drop-n-Roll fer ya. Moving has reeked havoc on my project plans for this spring......I still think I could one more ride in.....Maybe I will sneak a birthday ride in this year....been about 10 years since I have done that. June 9th, gonna be tough.....

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
nothing

Nothing as of now to post i am still stuck on what to do with the footwels and foot boards...I know X2 tubing!! but not sure if thats what i really want..but i will post up a pick of the sheet of alum the router cut it out of looks very cool.

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
the plan!!!

Started out on cardboard...lots of cardboard:face-icon-small-con had to try at least 5 times before i got to this point. Then i took it to work and our cad designer put it together and thats how the print came out then the sheet hit the router and as above pics i have a tunnel now. i thought i would take a few pics of the sheet, One with cardboard and one with out, The cardboard does not fit as you have to leave room to grow when the material is bent...

This is the first try as i have plans on changing the print to put more taper in the sides and more rake in the tail...then i will try X2's tubing boards...

SANY0494.jpg SANY0495.jpg SANY0592.jpg SANY0591.jpg SANY0590.jpg

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
You think I am crazy with them but the work well and clean out even better.

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Doo power

Ok i was going to put a lil ported 600 poo in but i am trying to make a deal on a 03 doo ho800 at his time....that way i will have the rer as i will take all the wiring and guages out of the doo and graft into this little mod..

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Ok i was going to put a lil ported 600 poo in but i am trying to make a deal on a 03 doo ho800 at his time....that way i will have the rer as i will take all the wiring and guages out of the doo and graft into this little mod..

NICE... Thats what I should do.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
reverse.....

that would be nice, besides, your just about all trained up how to wrench on those doos......a new generation pootax.....

pootax....tax paid on consumption of honey by Pooh Bears....may have to name this one "Poo-Bear"......hehe

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
not much new..still looking for some parts

ok foot boards are about done on the router table and still looking for a 800 doo wrecked or cheep so i have spare parts for my doo and the engine and harness for the ol farm custom..and i am currently working on a older golf cart..doing a lift and atv tires and wheels..and in search of a 488 poo fan and a rear diff...
hey may be another sled cart build for the form hugh...

Last edited:

Snow Duck

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
this sled is for sale with a 600 poo included

i want to sell this sled as it sits....so if you are looking to build a custom genII then here is a great start....pm me for any ?'s or a offer on price or parts....Thanks The Duck

or looking to trade for a older 500 poo for my son

Premium Features