• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ Long tracked!!!!

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Wondering how many people have rode and IQ that that has been long tracked and how do they compare to the dragons and RMK's? I currently ride and 08 700 rmk but am thinking about building and IQ just looking for some feed back.
Thanks Darren

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
When fully done up like the ones posted above they are very effective. I owned a crossover IQR 660 136 1.5. Used stock front other than shorter spindles and stock attack angle, and trenched pretty good in the deep. But then it wasn't built for deep stuff. But did a fair job in the feb snow of west yellow! If you have never rode the IQR chassis they are a blast! Keep the pocket book open when building and you will be good to go!

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Anyone rode one with a rmk to compare? Just wondering how good they are in the powder. Would be putting aleast a 151 under it.
Thanks Darren

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I had my first ride last week on my IQR. I have a Polaris 166" track under it.

I had some issues being that it was my first day out on it, but man what great chassis to ride. First thing I noticed is that the front end does not push when turning and you know what the sled is going to do. It "feels" lite when riding compared to a Dragon. So with more time I will have a better answer.

I hope to get more time on it this week and I can post some more info then.

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
iqr

IMG_2850.jpg

Thanks for posting that link
I forgot about that thread.
Here are the rest of the sleds built for the 09 season, they are all on the snow and working extremly well.
The IQR set-up properly is far more predictable and tougher then a dragon, I have been building this chassis since 05, (15 to date) and owned 3 dragons, you can't compare the rider postion and durability factors on these two sleds.

Good luck on your project if you choose to do one.

Premium Features