• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jackshafts

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Anyone have experience with jackshaft flex problems in the Rev Summit chassis?
I was wondering if the jackshaft in the "X" models which is gun drilled chrome moly is worse than the solid shaft in the Adrenaline models? These shafts were the same in the 06' and the 07'.
Thanks

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Shaft flex

Anyone have experience with jackshaft flex problems in the Rev Summit chassis?
I was wondering if the jackshaft in the "X" models which is gun drilled chrome moly is worse than the solid shaft in the Adrenaline models? These shafts were the same in the 06' and the 07'.
Thanks

I'm answering my own question!

So: FYI !!!!!
Thought I would try the C-3 belt drive again with some changes/stiffeners.
Same results except this time it doesn't bend the idler support bracket, under big torque I can see belt start to walk of to outside on top / jackshaft and it starts to eat on the flange @ side of idler wheel. Tried different spacing locations etc., doesn't matter. The harder I pull on it the further it goes.

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
drive train flex

Don't know what it's putting out. Haven't had it on the dyno yet. To be honest it really doesn't feel that impressive yet. Maybe a gallon of gas through new engine build. So still tight lot's of oil etc. This is an 860. Last year on the 880 had the same problems exactly only was having issues with the idler wheel support bracket. Fixed that so put belt drive back on thinking I was good to go. NOT!
Here's an easy test> better with two guys, on track stand ready to go, position where you can watch top gear with good light etc. Open it up and watch belt on top gear for side movement. Then do it again and make it pull against the brake real quick if you want to really load it up. You could also record it on your phone / camera and just replay to watch. I'm thinking this may be isolated to the rev chassis as without chain case cover on the top of the inner case / bearing area is pretty wimpy beings it's so far from support.
Took it all off, back to chain & gears. Hurts to do it as I really like the belt drive but I don't have time to build what it takes to fix it right now.

Premium Features