• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'Snorkle'

L

Lank

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Running a Boondocker kit on an Apex with the air intake next to the turbo. This setup is terrible in the deep powder, and we have a bunch of that. What are you using for a longer air intake tube or how are you setting up your Boondocker kit so it can breathe?

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
This is the setup on mine. You can get your tubing at turboaddiction.com. Straight sections or angled, then cut to length. Sorry for the dirty sled!

cid__1224000815.jpg

L

Lank

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
That looks good, does it seem tall enough to eliminate the trouble? Thank you very much for the posting.

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
Yes it is almost too tall most of the time. It has been buried before, and no issues. It isn't secured to anything towards the top and doesn't seem to flop around, rides nice. I've rolled the sled a few times and has held up great.

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
You can also get away with just a taller filter. Doesn't look all that great, but it works. This is JTAB's old sled and it runs hard with no problems in the powder.

06apex10.jpg 06apex4.jpg

L

Lank

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Yes it is almost too tall most of the time. It has been buried before, and no issues. It isn't secured to anything towards the top and doesn't seem to flop around, rides nice. I've rolled the sled a few times and has held up great.

I got that same 45* elbow that it appears you have from turboaddiction. I am assuming you a bit off of yours as mine seems to be longer. Any idea how much you cut off and how/why you decided to cut as much as you did?

Thanks.

Premium Features