• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 apex alpine fuel pump not turning on

M

misterjj

Apr 9, 2008
I started my apex and took it for a ride,then turned it off. I went to start it and turned the key to run position and the fuel pump did not come on and it would not start. Just wanting to know if anybodys knows if there is a fuse to the fuel pump or is the fuel pump just burned out?
Thanks

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Take a test light and see if you have power at the pump. If not start working backwards. If there is power at the pump then i would say the pump is shot.

There is a 10A fuse i believe for the fuel system as well as a fuel injection relay. If you have the supplemental manual for the RX10ML it tells you how to diagnose the fuel system with codes and such. Its worth reading if your stuck.

Last edited:
E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
If your looking at the front of your sled the fuse should be to your left (chain case side) along the delta box. Its where it is on mine anyway

C

canuck5

Aug 25, 2009
Sylvan Lake AB
Befor you go pulling fuese im gonna ask an obvious question because its happened to me, do you have a teather and if so did your try playing with it first. Cold weather tends to make the rubber shrink on them and can pull back just enough to shut off everything. Just a thought?

M

misterjj

Apr 9, 2008
06 apex

Thanks for the help. I will look for the fuse, and test the pump. I don't have a tather, just a key and a on/off switch.

C

canuck5

Aug 25, 2009
Sylvan Lake AB
Take a test light and see if you have power at the pump. If not start working backwards. If there is power at the pump then i would say the pump is shot.

There is a 10A fuse i believe for the fuel system as well as a fuel injection relay. If you have the supplemental manual for the RX10ML it tells you how to diagnose the fuel system with codes and such. Its worth reading if your stuck.

This is good but i'd ask yourself a couple more questions first, is there power to your instrument panel ect. or is everything dead? A ground or loose wire around your ignition or on your battery would make it completely dead. If you have other power then what he said.

P
Oct 16, 2009
jaffray bc
Check and make sure you jumper wires for the battery leads dint hit the oil tank, if the rubber sheilds were pulled to charge or jump your sled it will
pop your fuel system fuse, this has happend to me. good luck

M

misterjj

Apr 9, 2008
06 apex

Thanks for the help but found out I did have a blown fuse. I think I left the jumper cables bare. So I changed the fuse & the fuel pump kicked on & it started.

Premium Features