• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI Transfer Enhancement Kit?

M
Jun 12, 2009
I bought one of these kits for my Mountain Lite, what do you guys have to say about this kit? Likes and Dislikes? Just want some opinions for it. From what I read, some people have excellant results and love it, while others hate it...:)

M
Jun 12, 2009
thanks guys, anybody else have anything? How easy is it to install, I'm pulling my rear suspension soon so I'm going to install it then. How easy it to adjust? because sometimes I will want it to stand on its end, and sometimes have it set up for top speed runs (no ski lift)...

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I loved it! single best mod I ever did to the exwifes 700mmax. Well, that and a real set of skis. You can get the front end up when you want to or need to, yet it is not a wheelie monster. Even better yet you lose about 6lbs of junk out of that heavy skid. Go for it. Easy to install and you will love it.

lords88

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
I have a used MPI transfer kit for sale if anbody is interested. I went with a new suspension and have my old stock skid with 159" extensions for sale also. PM me if you need parts.

they work good, in my opinion, and shave some pounds from an already overweight skid. install is easy, worst part is getting the transfer rods off the crosshaft. i would recommend doing this prior to pulling your skid, if you havent already. the removal tip provided in your instruction sheet is a major key to this install. as for ease of adjustment, there is none. set it for middle, and its a matter of removing and moving the bolts and strap holes. if you really want to simplify adjustments, pay close attention to the install and only use one strap. i have not seen any adverse affects of one strap, and cuts adjustment time in half. imagine that. dont expect any customer support from mpi, they have none pertaining to this kit

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
probably in the top 3 best mods for the MM ..

i love mine, makes it ride like a whole new sled (along with cutting off sway bars), you can adjust the ski lift as much as you want.. deffinatly worth the $50..skid feels a lot lighter too when lifting it out of the snow

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
I have them on both of my sleds. I love them, but I kept breaking the straps and MPI was NO help. I finally just went to an implement dealer and bought the belting material from the backend of a combine (no idea what it is called).LOL I cut them to size and have had no problems since.

It's fun the carry the skis in the air when you want. It's also fun to watch someone when they hop on your sled and take off. It has scared the crap out of several.LOL

M
Jun 12, 2009
What I'm thinking is if I used one strap, it wouldn't be able to hold up to as much transfer over a period of time? Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like you guys like the kit, so before the snow falls it should be in. I have had the top part of the transfer rods off before to replace the bearings, they weren't that hard to come off. I can't wait to try my sled now with the pipe and the MPI transfer straps.

Speaking of the pipe, do you guys know naything about the hauck pipe? I bought one, its just that I can't get a straight answer on jetting and reliability, my yamaha dealer says that it will burn up pistons easily, yet everybody who had the hauck pipe installed on totallyamaha had nothing but great results. I'm jetting it up to 146.3 mains right across, and if thats to rich at -20 celcius (thats the coldest it gets where I live), I'll try the 145 mains. Any opinions on this guys?

M
Jun 12, 2009
yeah I order the clutch kit from them, they said just to jet up 2 sizes on the main jets, although I may phone them again and ask for specific specs on jetting for sea level at -20c

yamaha jetting on that sled for -18c-4c @ 0-1700 ft, mj#1 143.8, mj#2 142.5. pilot jet #70, fuel screw 1 turn out. normally its a cya situation from aftermarket vendors. if they say jet at this an you burn down, then you are mad at them. if their advice is to go up two sizes, try it. just remember to check your plugs and piston wash. take nothing for granted. run a little on the rich side to be safe. plugs are cheap, cylinders not so. i dont imagine there are a lot of piped phazers running around, so theres probably not alot of info out there. hauck is good to deal with, if you get through to tech and find the right guy. dont know what they are claiming for performance gains, as i would think theres not much in that motor, but probably a considerable weight loss losing the stock silencer. good luck.

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
I put the transfer kit on my 2000 mountain max and I loved it gave extra ski lift and got rid of the all that transfer rod junk. One good mtn max mod you can put on and you dont have to take the suspension out to do it. well worth your money.

M
Jun 12, 2009
I put the transfer kit on my 2000 mountain max and I loved it gave extra ski lift and got rid of the all that transfer rod junk. One good mtn max mod you can put on and you dont have to take the suspension out to do it. well worth your money.

How hard was it to install? Did you grind down the bolt so in "extreme transfer" (as stated in the instructions) you won't damage the rails? I can't really make any sense out of the instructions.

S
Jan 28, 2008
Denver, CO
Viper racheting trouble

I installed one of these over the summer. Now I am getting racheting problems. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to solve it? I don't want to buy anti-rachet drivers. I just thought I'd ask before I change it back to stock.

Thanks!

Premium Features